Which ATV Manufacturer is the Most Reliable? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 04-26-2017, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Editorial Content

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Which ATV Manufacturer is the Most Reliable?

Quote:
Tell us which brand you think makes the most reliable ATVs

No matter how good of a deal you think you’re getting, buying an ATV is a major purchase. While a plush suspension and powerful engine are important buying decisions, perhaps the greatest concern for an ATV buyer is reliability. So, which ATV manufacturer is the most reliable?

We figured nobody was more qualified to answer this question than you, the reader and ATV enthusiast.
Read more about Which ATV Manufacturer is the Most Reliable? at ATV.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-28-2017, 12:09 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Yamaha, honda, can-am, polaris ??? Really??? I certainly dont have a problem with yamaha at no1 as had one and did 10,000 miles until the stator failed but up until that point it was bomb proof !
The honda is doing good at nearly 9000 miles, but can-am?
Nearly everyone in our group bought can-ams, and i dont think anyone can manage even a 1000 miles without some limp mode malfunction occuring!
post #3 of 9 Old 05-03-2017, 03:36 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I agree, I would be fine with either Honda or yami at #1 but I have never really liked the canned hams. Although I do like their new X3 SxS....I have looked at them a few times now.....and you know nothing good can come from that!

734 09 Raptor
Meglodon by Bo,KW springs, Web 4 Cam, 54mm TB, 105.5mm CP cylinder, 14:1 CP,Barkers Inframe,Dynatek Coil,PC V,Dynatek Programable ignition,CCP stabilizer,+5 swinger,Boss Noss Sys, Direct Drive Lock-up, KDS Evac valve,HID Light conversion,SPAL fan
Tuned by EHS Racing 73hp 51Tq

post #4 of 9 Old 05-03-2017, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
Pooplaris should be at the bottom.

The big 4 Jap companies have a much better reliability record.

2008 700xx with lots of goodies.
Part time IATVHSS racer (when time and $$ allow)
post #5 of 9 Old 05-04-2017, 02:54 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luecker View Post
Pooplaris should be at the bottom.

Of a river.

734 09 Raptor
Meglodon by Bo,KW springs, Web 4 Cam, 54mm TB, 105.5mm CP cylinder, 14:1 CP,Barkers Inframe,Dynatek Coil,PC V,Dynatek Programable ignition,CCP stabilizer,+5 swinger,Boss Noss Sys, Direct Drive Lock-up, KDS Evac valve,HID Light conversion,SPAL fan
Tuned by EHS Racing 73hp 51Tq
post #6 of 9 Old 05-04-2017, 11:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Garage
I'd have to disagree on the Polaris statements. At least in the youth line up. The 4 that I currently own, take or get little to no maintenance and still all run great. My 06 50cc Predator has been running fine for me since 2010. My 13 yr old road it for a few yrs. And my 9 yr old triplets have been riding it since they were 3 or 4. I also have a pair of 90 cc sportsmans. The 13 yr old road for a few years as well. And now the 9 yr old boys are getting there turn, starting last year. Also in the stable is a 200 cc Phoenix, I purchased for my daughter that's 21, she's been riding it for 5 to 6 years. And now the 13 yr old boy also rides it for the last couple of years. It's been to Wayne National Forest several times, Perry state forest once, and to West Virginia more times than I could count. Goes through creeks and up most of the hills I go up with the 700xx. A new plug once and a few oil changes is all I've done, besides new grips, front break pads, and 4 tires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton Stealth Bumper and 11/16" sway bar
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by M_Quick; 05-04-2017 at 11:56 PM.
post #7 of 9 Old 05-05-2017, 07:32 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Quick View Post
I'd have to disagree on the Polaris statements. At least in the youth line up. The 4 that I currently own, take or get little to no maintenance and still all run great. My 06 50cc Predator has been running fine for me since 2010. My 13 yr old road it for a few yrs. And my 9 yr old triplets have been riding it since they were 3 or 4. I also have a pair of 90 cc sportsmans. The 13 yr old road for a few years as well. And now the 9 yr old boys are getting there turn, starting last year. Also in the stable is a 200 cc Phoenix, I purchased for my daughter that's 21, she's been riding it for 5 to 6 years. And now the 13 yr old boy also rides it for the last couple of years. It's been to Wayne National Forest several times, Perry state forest once, and to West Virginia more times than I could count. Goes through creeks and up most of the hills I go up with the 700xx. A new plug once and a few oil changes is all I've done, besides new grips, front break pads, and 4 tires.

The only thing Polaris on the Mini's and Phoenix is the name. They are made in Taiwan.

2008 700xx with lots of goodies.
Part time IATVHSS racer (when time and $$ allow)
post #8 of 9 Old 05-05-2017, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Quick View Post

but they are older models? the polaris predator uses a fuji engine, made in japan ! Its these modern 4x4 machines... Every ride out someone would have some sort of fault occur... I dont really want to turn this into a polaris/ can-am bashing thread but when compared to the bulletproof reliability of a yamaha grizzly, there is no comparison...
When we all had raptors no one ever broke down and the only failure was caused by human error...
I had an evinrude etec outboard, stunning bit of kit, so much more power than the same hp of other brands, but all the electronics scared the carp out of me so sold it for a jap engine !
I do lots of 4x4 off roading , nearly all have landrovers (i am in the uk) but i chose a suzuki jimny, not sure if your familiar with that model, but again, it just goes on and on without breaking down !
post #9 of 9 Old 05-25-2017, 08:47 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I've had lots of luck with both my 08 Outlander 650 and 2014 renegade 800r to this point, a few minor issues but nothing that's kept them off the trails though I am pretty meticulous when it comes to maintenance and the wide variety of machines helps to keep the mileage/hours down on all of them. With the current selection of Honda ATVs being so underpowered, I'll continue buying Can Ams when looking for a new thrill ride.

Last edited by Jmm24; 05-25-2017 at 08:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode