Help! Think I F'd up! - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-10-2017, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Help! Think I F'd up!

Don't know how(nvr ck oil!) Road H/M for 75 miles with a more than normal tic. Long story short, Chris @CMR adjusted my valve. Still load, checked and NO oil! So75 miles no oil. Topped 2 qts and road 120miles. Got home changed oil, black!! Mobile 1 is what i've always used. Engine still knocks. Should i just keep riding because damage is done? is it the timing chain? imma gonna try and post video , thanks

here's a link to youtube of the Engine noise.
https://youtu.be/Y0ZnJqMKYVg

Last edited by djbleach; 04-10-2017 at 10:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-10-2017, 08:12 PM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Garage
YEP but now you get to +3 the crank, do a big bore ,+1 the intake valves , port and find out how much fun it is to remove and replace the engine

751 ,barker pipe, stage 3 hotcam,+3 stroker,
+3 big bore , +1 intake valves, Hard Welded Rockers,KW springs, port work, clutch mod , air box removed , dynojet commander V w/auto tune , lowered rear end , TRX450R front shocks ,and one more mod I 'm not talking about
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-10-2017, 08:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Garage
So when valves were done, No one checked oil level? Hard to say but sounds like noise is down low, so my guess crank bearing or both. Was quad smoking or leaking the oil, it had to go somewhere???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton Stealth Bumper and 11/16" sway bar
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 Old 04-10-2017, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

yeah, after did the valve oil was checked. when he adjusted the valve u could c some oil so it seemed like there was oil. no smoke, not sure where oil went? i hope i remembered tonput it back n when i changed oil.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-13-2017, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
[QUOTE=djbleach;234713not sure where oil went? i hope i remembered to put it back n when i changed oil.[/QUOTE]

Yup. You F'd up.

If you rode that much with no oil, I'd think the motor would have froze up, not just made a tick or knock?

Bottom line, don't continue to drive it with the noise, it can only get worse and do more damage = more$.
Park it now and fix it.

.....After listening to your video, I'd be afraid to even start it. Bottom end is gone.

PRM Desert II bumper and PRM Control Grab bar, Houser anti-vibe Pro-Bounce nerfs, DS450XC shock mod, ROX anti-vibe 2" riser, Tusk billet gas cap, Billet exhaust cap (for the speed)
more to come.....

Last edited by Bobinxxi; 04-13-2017 at 11:58 AM.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-16-2017, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Took it to a shop and he'll look into it for $75 and let me know how much. Funny when I took it to him the noise wasn't profound. It had to warm up the night before to be herd. I'm wondering if the oil got stuck on the pistons or something causes the Hard compression? I'll keep ya posted. Ebay has a rebuilt for $3k. I'm hoping half that for this guy to rebuild!
post #7 of 7 Old 04-18-2017, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbleach View Post
Took it to a shop and he'll look into it for $75 and let me know how much. Funny when I took it to him the noise wasn't profound. It had to warm up the night before to be herd. I'm wondering if the oil got stuck on the pistons or something causes the Hard compression? I'll keep ya posted. Ebay has a rebuilt for $3k. I'm hoping half that for this guy to rebuild!
No way I'd pay $3k for a rebuild. You can find good running stock 700xx for that kind of money. Pull the engine and part the rest out. Or just part your's out and go find another one that runs good.

PRM Desert II bumper and PRM Control Grab bar, Houser anti-vibe Pro-Bounce nerfs, DS450XC shock mod, ROX anti-vibe 2" riser, Tusk billet gas cap, Billet exhaust cap (for the speed)
more to come.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode