25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 260 Old 08-04-2015, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Garage
Lightbulb Sway Bar Project

I removed my original L8ton 11/16's " bar today. One thing I'd like to share is the importance to re-lube the bushings. My bar is starting to wear, and I have greased it a few times since original install.

Anyways I dropped the bar off at my friends today. He is going to take it into work, make all the measurements, and come up with a jig to copy the design. I also dug my oem bar out for him to look at. I had it stored in the rafters of my garage, inside the box that Kyle shipped the L8ton bar in. Well inside the box had a different Phone # than listed on the website. Low and behold he answered the call, we talked for awhile. He is going to let me know how many 11/16's bushings he has, and hopefully cut a deal. I also asked him to let me know if he has any brackets left over. Also asked him if there was any way he would consider making more bars. He said he could but, not sure it is worth while. And that he only started this venture to help a few fellow riders out, and he guessed he sold around 500 bars. I thought that was a lot, but he wasn't to impressed. And wished Honda kept producing the quad, so he could sell thousands of bars! Also trying to find out what type of material he used on the bar. My friend and I don't believe it's spring steel. He has some sort of # code for the material, but he is still researching it.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton Stealth Bumper and 11/16" sway bar
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by M_Quick; 08-04-2015 at 06:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 260 Old 08-04-2015, 07:56 PM
DTM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Looking forward to purchasing 2 of these.
post #3 of 260 Old 08-06-2015, 05:45 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd buy one for sure! I'm a big guy (6'2" & 400). I kick myself each day because I didn't buy a L8ton sway bar. I'm thinking of buying a Durablue, but I'd rather buy one like the heavy duty L8ton that replaces the stock bar. Let me know if someone is selling something I can use. Thanks.

post #4 of 260 Old 08-06-2015, 09:13 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Garage
I would also like to switch from 9/16" to 11/16",

2008 700xx with lots of goodies.
Part time IATVHSS racer (when time and $$ allow)
post #5 of 260 Old 08-06-2015, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just got my 08 700xx a month ago and I would definitely buy one, as long as not a crazy price obviously. Is there ANY other aftermarket sway bars out there? I spent a lot of time searching for anything but tough with only 2 year production. I also noticed a long time ago people switched from the 9/16 to 11/16 is that for people that wanted no sway or was it best to go to 11/16? I'm mostly trail rider not much MX at all.
post #6 of 260 Old 08-06-2015, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I have the 9/16" and am quite happy with it for the type of riding I do (trail and XC) But am quite sure you'd find plenty of riders who want 11/16"

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #7 of 260 Old 08-06-2015, 03:33 PM
DTM

Waiting for some 11/16th's sway bars.

post #8 of 260 Old 08-06-2015, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Herd back from Kyle in email today. Sadly he says he only has 3 set's of the 11/16's" bushing left. I placed the order immediately, and replied to email asking about 9/16's bushing, and any brackets! I'm still waiting on that reply. kyle also told me the type of material used in making the bar, turns out my buddy knows his shit. And he is done with my bar already, he just let me know I can come pick it up. I figured he'd put it on his quad while he had it, and at least ride around the yard, lol.

If we can't figure out how to reproduce the bushings, there may be only 3 bars made Once a bar is completed I want to test it out. Unless it looks just like the L8ton and made with the same material, then I figure why bother. Hopefully Kyle has some 9/16's bushing's to, because my friend said he would just have to re-adjust his jig, and could make them different sizes.

The guy working on the bar's name is Keith. He said the hardest part of duplicating the bushings is, the outside edge. The little lip that holds it inside the bracket. Shit I mean no shit as we speak Keith sent me a picture of the jig! Exciting isn't it....let me bail and I will upload.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton Stealth Bumper and 11/16" sway bar
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #9 of 260 Old 08-06-2015, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thumbs Up Sway bar jig

(preview of jig timed out sorry)

Also I guess he is going to try and find bushing from automotive supplier, so maybe he can work it out once all material is found and make all that is wanted. The jig above don't look like much, in fact I had to look at it for awhile to figure out how the hell it was gonna work. He has almost 2 days or work measuring, researching and making the jig.

Last edited by M_Quick; 08-07-2015 at 05:29 PM.
post #10 of 260 Old 08-06-2015, 05:03 PM
DTM

Hoping to get at least 1 of the 3 bars. You know I am good for two of them. If buying one allows someone else to get one I am ok with that.

Surely the bushings can be sourced just like Kyle did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode