Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

The No 1 TRX 700 Upgrade

32K views 35 replies 18 participants last post by  blakjak619 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone and before i continue can i wish everyone a Happy Christmas and New Year

I brought my TRX 700 late this year and if we are all honest while it has alot of potential and is no doubt a brilliant quad it does need money spending on it in the form of upgrades to get it to compete with the competition

Ive added alot to mine in my short ownership from engine to suspension to bars to armour and as i was just thinking of how much money i had spent and adding the cost of the 700 up i thought for actual cost vs performance gained what is the best value for money against most performance gained perfromance upgrade out there for the trx 700

we all know the suspension is poor and i run fox shocks all round but at 3150 dollars for the 4 shocks i think and question did it give me best value for money

So after much thought i can honestly say that i feel the best value for money vs performance gain for the 700 is the L8ton swaybar its number 1 in my opinion its performance increase over standard is amazing and the cost well its not going to break your bank and the quality is up there as if you had spent thousands on shocks

so thats my number one the shocks 2nd

what is everyone elses thoughts

See less See more
#2 ·
In terms of price at stock the 13t socket is pretty nice, at least I thought it was. And I would also say that tires (dirt/sand whatever) are a good investment, afterall if you think about it they are the only thing hitting the ground

Rather surprised that you rated the sway bar over 3 grand fox shocks.. my bar should come some time this week I'm even more excited to put it on and try it out :D

#3 ·
If you do mostly trail riding then 13T will be your best investment.

Then tires and sway bar.

Then shocks.

Then everything else.

#4 ·
Steering Stabilizer, I never ride without one.

#5 ·
Hi i voted for the l8ton swaybar as number 1 over the shocks or tyres as i think it is the most cost effective part that makes the biggest most noticible upgrade over stock you can do for the 700 for the price
it totally transforms the handling which in turns allows you to exploit the engine more and use the suspension
the likes of a tyre while ok dont make anywhere near the difference of l8ton swaybar in my opinion and 13 tooth sprocket is a performance killer and just makes the engine rev out but you dont have the confidense in the trx 700 in standard form to make use of it except in a straight line as the 700 standard does not like to go round corners very hard or fast
shocks are a massive improvement over stock but again they are a massive price tag and for 90 percent of riders who have purchased the 700 the standard shocks will do with the odd adjustment especially if all you are doing is trial riding
the swaybar totally transforms the way the trx 700 can be ridden
thats my opinion and from having spent and done the other upgrades thats why i vote it the best its a simple solution to a massive problem engineered well and excecuted perfectly and the l8ton sway bar is so so so much cheaper than the others
all credit to Kyle for a one man operation the product is flawless and ive got other american products on my 700 and the bigger companies could do well learning a thing or 2 from kyle about quality of fit sales service etc etc

you wont be dissapointed with the l8ton swaybar no one on the forum is and that speaks volumes in itself

#6 ·
tell us something we dont know!!:hey::tup:

#9 ·
Is there a website for the custom cnc Steering Stabilizer?
I have the sway bar and want to get the steering stabilizer next.
I ride trails and I am fine with the stock sprocket.
I think the Outwear pre filter is important. Keeps out sand and water.
Then I am going to get the tires.

I just hope I can stay happy with all of that.

#10 ·
#18 ·
I agree it smells a bit like spam...

#17 ·
Since L8ton isn't making the sway bars anymore does anyone have his contact info to see if he'd sell the design plans? These seem to be a hot item that is still in demand yet no one is able to get them. The sway bar looks easy enough to remove and replicate, does someone have a picture of the L8ton bar?

#19 ·
To answer the question , there's not one mod to make the 700xx "Great !" , it gets better with every mod but to make great it needs about 7-10 parts/mods to be ?

#20 ·
Hey y'all. I'm new to the forum and will be getting my xx this weekend. I've been all over this form and done other research and it seems like an upgraded sway bar is almost a must have. I know l8ton dosent make them anymore. Is there another manufacturer or does someone have a l8ton for sale? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

#21 ·
Welcome to the club :tup:

Durablue makes them, for the front and rear. My buddy made a few, and may make some more, but idk for sure. :eek:hno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.