Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Exhaust Review Thread

73K views 155 replies 51 participants last post by  kartl 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I figured with all the different exhaust and questions out there for the XX we could start a "technical" exhaust review. If possible everyone with a different exhaust post up and help out . Each thread can consist with pics of the system, welds, flanges tips and etc. Include a brief description of fitment issues , quility and available options (spark arrestor etc). If possible please keep the thread informational and of exhaust you currently have.

#2 · (Edited)
FMF PowerBomb Header & PowerCore4 Slip-on

Here's an overall pic of the system. I personally installed the bung that was supplied with my PCV, FMF does no offer this as an option. The system does include a bushing to use the slip-on with stock header.

The next three are pics of the welds, They are all uniform and clean.

Stock header 1 3/8"

PowerBomb Header 1 7/8"

Picture with bushing installed to use slipon with a stock header

System installed

Overview:

Fitment was spot with no modifications needed. All hardware is supplied and the only thing you will need is black RTV. I've owned both the Q4 and PowerCore4, The Q4 is noticablely quieter, The PowerCore4 is a bit louder but totally manageable. Both have removeable spark arrestor's. I never removed mine as I do not like loud exhaust. I've but over 60 hrs of ride time on my PowerCore with my built motor and have not had any issues. The design of the slip-on is a plus also because the mid pipe is a full 2" compared to the stock 1 3/8" some others use.

#4 ·
Dmc Afterburner Fullsystem

light weight durable stylish
mild overall power increase high torque increase
bit if a tight fit instralling minor tweaking
VERY LOUD 104DB+

#12 ·
light weight durable stylish
mild overall power increase high torque increase
bit if a tight fit instralling minor tweaking
VERY LOUD 104DB+

Would you be able to post some pics or technical info on the system? Did you measure the sound or quessing? Not being d1ck just trying to get more info. If you have the pics just edit your original post to keep from spreading the info out

#6 ·
DG X2 slipon, It very loud, It doesn't stick out in the back as much a some of the other pipes. They make a full system, but I like the heat shield on the stock pipe, and I didn't see a big different on them.

Attachments

#7 · (Edited)
Have the Motoworks SR4 which included a spark arrestor and 2 different core silencer (requested by me to Motoworks) for free. Performance is great, even with the smallest core silencer, it's still loud but within the 96db level. If I had a choice; I would go with Supertrapp but they don't make an exhaust for our bike as of yet.

The core silencers are just different diameter so the smaller size will produce less noise but will produce more back pressure which will reduce the life of the main core. So when I'm not riding in a strict noise area, I'll open the exhaust.

Forgot to mention that Motoworks are great people to work with. When I needed a different core silencer, they built and send me one for free, that's great customer service

Attachments

#8 ·
There are many pictures on our website of the Barker! www.bigkidzracing.com Tim Barker used our bikes to fabricate his now production unit. I ran a Big Gun before this and had some serious fitment issues and leaks, required high temp silicone to seal it. The barker is like no other on the market, stainless head pipe, reverse megaphone design, the pipe bolts to the canister, not a slip joint. the hard angles have been straighend out to allow free flow. a spark arrestor and quiet insert are availible. the canister is made from formed tubing so no welds to crack. the head pipe is a true 1 7/8 ID no gimmics just a HIGH Quality Exhaust. The dyno sheets show the facts.

#9 ·
Hey this thread is is great idea! I like the detailed pictures and real opinions on the various exhausts for this machine. I too recently installed an FMF Q4, and it is a very well made high quality pipe. Everything fit like a glove, and it is very quiet, only slightly louder than stock, with a nice tone. I did have to modify my AC Racing grab bar due to the length of the pipe, but this would not be an issue with a standard type grab bar. I like how they include a removable adaptor so you can later get the full benefit of the FMF header. Great product!

#10 ·
hey guys how is it goin? i just orderd a motorworks slip on,uni filter,and lexx efi controller from rocky mountain atv,i have two questions,you probably get these a lot,for the controler do you have to make adjustments to run it with an open air box?and with the uni filter does it replace stock filter basket?or do you have to still use it?cause my cousin was givin me crap about how i should of gotten a k&n filter.thanx guys!

#13 ·
Had to make some minor tweaking with the EFI but keep it as is first and see how it runs. Depending on where you usually ride, the K&N would be good in trail area but if you're riding in a dusty area then I would recommend the UNI which is what I'm using and you do use the OEM basket. As for the open air box, again, depending on where you ride, I would suggest the EHS lid. This is what I use. Open air box is good if you're not riding in a muddy/watery trails.

#14 ·
#15 ·
(db meter at sand mt nevada) was where the 104 came from
I have no doubt it's that loud... I've heard it at idle and was way loud.
All I have to say is watch out for the sound gestapo here in California... they are everywhere. When I can gather some $$, I'm going to get the new HMF system. The money I have now is going for new shocks... ordering tomorrow.

roadkill

#16 · (Edited)
yes now that ive let some of my friends ride it and for a spectator view i never realized it was that loud. i love it but do have to be carful here in ca. im lucky to have private property to ride on.

#17 ·
I have the FMF 4.1 w/Powerbomb header. The install was clean and easy. I also installed the FMF programmer. Sound is pretty loud without the 96db insert. The change in power was considerable. It has made the machine much more fun to ride. Here are a few pict's.:hey:

Attachments

#19 ·
On the 11th I'm taken my bike up to OCC so they can build me a mid pipe and some brackets for my Supertrapp, who knows, they might even build me a header for it then I'll just need to find a place that has a dyno machine so I can get my PCIII tune up

#21 ·
Thank You!!:hey:

#22 ·

Here's the Barker prototype installed.

#27 ·
I don't have a sound clip, but it barks pretty good even with the 96db insert. Without the spark arrestor/96db insert it is really load.:hey:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.