Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3/4 of an inch doesn't seem to be that big of an improvement over stock. What is the advantage? I may do some local desert races but really just ride for fun. I can't see where I would benefit. I'm very new to quads so I'd apreciate some information. I do no about longer travel but again how much does 3/4 inch really do? I can see how better shocks will not only giive me a better ride but also allow me to ride faster so I'll be upgrading them. If I were trulty to see a big difference I'd also spring the $800 for the a-arms but would an intermediate level rider even notice the difference?

·
Registered
95 Posts
They make a big difference. Not only will you get more wheel travel you will also improve the overall handling of the quad. The Houser arms allow for a better motion ratio with the stroke of the long travel shocks and also you will have more ground clearance. Another big thing is you will have full adjustment caster and camber. That will improve the steering of the quad, you can set it for a tight trail one day and the next set it up for wide open desert and it only takes about 5 min to change it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bumping this old thread for another question. I know Wayne also uses wheel spacers in the rear for this setup. Are they a must have, how much do they cost and where to buy?

·
Registered
258 Posts
the wheel spacers are just to bring the back out to match the front, the wider you are the better you turn, but if the front gets wider than the front then it doesnt turn so well, there not a must have but do make a difference, and i would say use them, im not sure where to get them from in the us but most online stores sell them

·
Registered
26 Posts
Makes a good amount of difference. I fell in love all over again.
The only problem i had was the zerk fittings hit the frame gusset and pulled the threads. My fault, should of check but i was in a rush.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.