Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FMF, Ceramic Pipes, 2" Wheel Spacers, Near new Tires, front and rear. New Rear Sprocket and Chain. Includes Kendra Dune Runner Paddle Tires. Bought New and Garaged. Dallas, Tx. Area. $2200.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the gesture, but NJ is a long way to be buying a bike. Not that I wouldn't like to sell it, but I would think you can find a nice one closer to home. It has a 12 front sprocket and a 44 rear. It has had a 12/42 most of it's life but felt it was a little high when I went from 20" paddles to the 22/11/9 paddles. The 12/44 is a good trail/sand combo. It pulls hard through all the gears. You loose a lot on top end but that is not what I was after. I compared it to the 700xx tranny gears and final drive numbers and they are pretty close until you get the 3-5 gears of the Honda which are higher. But I haven't driven my new 700xx yet. I have a 12 and 13 front for it if I feel like I need a little lower gearing. I want it to be close to what the Raptor is now. The 13 looks like it will be close. Hope to know more next week when I get to take it out. I have had it two weeks now and have only backed it out of the truck.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't give you a fair answer because I have had my 700xx for two weeks now, and still have not ridden it. But the Raptor is an awesome bike. Even though mine is a '01 660, I can hang with the Yamaha 450s pretty good and even win a race once in a while. I think the Yamahas are so close, in some cases, it is the rider that makes the differences. I have let some friends race 450s that have beaten me and then my friend would out run them on my 660. If the Honda ends up being half as dependable as my Raptor has been, then I will be very happy. My son feels the 700xx might be stronger once it is geared. I doubt mine would run with the new Raptors though. I hear the new Raptors are awesome. I would think the Honda and Raptor will act like different bikes because of the straight axle and IRS. But right now, I just don't know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts