Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently bought this bike and i love it.Although if any body can help me with a question about the rear tires.The rear tires seem to be toed out,and the inner tread is wearing more than the outer.Is this normal wear for this bike because it has independent rear suspension or is there an adjustment that i can make to fix this problem.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
IDK about repair, but i'd say not normal. At least my oem tires wore even and so far the 2nd set it too. Could be previous owner jumped it alot?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
DTRESHMAN,
The tires on my XX appear to be tilted in at the top until I get on the machine then they are perfectly aligned and tires are wearing correctly. They are not towed in that I can see. I believe there are measurements on that issue within the Service Manual. If you don't have that manual go to the "HOW TO" section of this forum and down load it for free. Hopefully others can be more helpful.
Sid

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Try this test...

Jack up back end so wheels are off the ground and disconnect the shocks from the a-arms. This removes the load. Try to wiggle the wheels to toe in and toe out. Also try to wiggle the wheels to check for play in and out at top of wheel. You're checking for play in bushings and ball joints. Check over a-arms for damage. Bushings and/or ball joints should be replaced if there is too much play.

roadkill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts