Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Plant
just got the mega back about a month or so back and love the new truck never had one with nav in it befor and its great got me to rockymtn atv in utah with out gettin lost once

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
so when you gonna come down to UT and ride with us? can't say you don't have the truck to tow it with ;-P

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
he may have a truck, but it's a Dodge so it will more than likely not make it. :) Just messing. Nice set up.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Sweet rides! The Mega Cabs just dwarf the Ford And Chevy cabs'. Plus a real diesel engine instead of one of those "I wish I were a diesel" V8's.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Sweet rides! The Mega Cabs just dwarf the Ford And Chevy cabs'. Plus a real diesel engine instead of one of those "I wish I were a diesel" V8's.
u know some trains have two huge v8 diesels that make's a rig with c15 look like a prius motor...
just sayin... also it the weakest motor out right now... just sayin...

·
Registered
821 Posts
my buddys has a hemi, it pulls ok. And never second guess the Cummins. Anybody who is really into diesels will respect and probably own the cummins. Arguably one of the best diesels made. And the Mega Cab is huge.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
u know some trains have two huge v8 diesels that make's a rig with c15 look like a prius motor...
just sayin... also it the weakest motor out right now... just sayin...
I know you are not supposed to argue with children!! I'll apologize upfront to the rest of the members. SORRY!

Maniac.......again you fail to impress with your diesel knowledge.

1st - As traitor08 stated, people that know diesels, not just everyday diesel pickup drivers, are more aptly to be running a cummins.

2nd - For most diesel owners the word "weak" would apply to the engine that would last the fewest hours. In pickups that is definitely not the Cummins. The horsepower wars change virtually every year if that is what you are referring to as weak.

3rd - 40% fewer moving parts in the inline 6 equates to longevity. Yet to see the million mile "duramax" or "powerstroke". Several documented Cummins in that category. Have had a couple of 500,000 mile ones in my possession at different times. 200,000 miles out of the Ford and Chevy with no major issues and you are doing real well.

4th - I buy and sell used/wrecked dodge diesel stuff on the side and am always being asked about putting a Cummins in a Ford or Chevy. I am around this type of stuff alot and have never ever heard of anyone wanting to put a Duramax in a Ford/Dodge, or a Powerstroke in a Chevy/Dodge. That in itself should tell you which is the most sought after "Engine". If these powerstrokes and duramax's were so great they would be put to use commercially as the cummins is in everything from stationary powerplants to tractors to track loaders to marine applications and many more. They are not!

5th - Trains today mostly run 2 stroke V12 diesels hooked to generators that in turn run electric "motors" that drive the train. Not some "Big V8" as you referred to in your post.

6th - Lastly, and I will admit I occasionally still make this mistake also. "Motors" are electrically driven. "Engines" are internal combustion. IE... our XX's have an engine not a motor.

SORRY AGAIN to the rest of the members for my rant........but it is tiring to hear that because one engine has 15 horsepower or 30 more foot pounds of torque than another it is a "BETTER" engine. Dang!! I need to quit waking up at 3 a.m.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I know you are not supposed to argue with children!! I'll apologize upfront to the rest of the members. SORRY!

Maniac.......again you fail to impress with your diesel knowledge.

1st - As traitor08 stated, people that know diesels, not just everyday diesel pickup drivers, are more aptly to be running a cummins.

2nd - For most diesel owners the word "weak" would apply to the engine that would last the fewest hours. In pickups that is definitely not the Cummins. The horsepower wars change virtually every year if that is what you are referring to as weak.

3rd - 40% fewer moving parts in the inline 6 equates to longevity. Yet to see the million mile "duramax" or "powerstroke". Several documented Cummins in that category. Have had a couple of 500,000 mile ones in my possession at different times. 200,000 miles out of the Ford and Chevy with no major issues and you are doing real well.

4th - I buy and sell used/wrecked dodge diesel stuff on the side and am always being asked about putting a Cummins in a Ford or Chevy. I am around this type of stuff alot and have never ever heard of anyone wanting to put a Duramax in a Ford/Dodge, or a Powerstroke in a Chevy/Dodge. That in itself should tell you which is the most sought after "Engine". If these powerstrokes and duramax's were so great they would be put to use commercially as the cummins is in everything from stationary powerplants to tractors to track loaders to marine applications and many more. They are not!

5th - Trains today mostly run 2 stroke V12 diesels hooked to generators that in turn run electric "motors" that drive the train. Not some "Big V8" as you referred to in your post.

6th - Lastly, and I will admit I occasionally still make this mistake also. "Motors" are electrically driven. "Engines" are internal combustion. IE... our XX's have an engine not a motor.

SORRY AGAIN to the rest of the members for my rant........but it is tiring to hear that because one engine has 15 horsepower or 30 more foot pounds of torque than another it is a "BETTER" engine. Dang!! I need to quit waking up at 3 a.m.
I'm not a diesel guru, but I agree... I was going to say something when I saw maniac's post, but then was like "ah, for what" lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
CUMMINS19 - I was just doing some recreational reading here, and I wanted to thank you for educating me about diesel engines. Seriously, it sounds like you know your stuff. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
CUMMINS19 - I was just doing some recreational reading here, and I wanted to thank you for educating me about diesel engines. Seriously, it sounds like you know your stuff. Thanks.
I think Cummins19 is just biased, I mean with a name like Cummins LMAO. I am just kidding. I totally agree with you. Myself being a huge ford fan, my first real truck I put a Cummins in. It was the biggest PITA, but due to the size and longevity of the engine, it was the best choice for me. Sure every diesel has it's flaws, and I think the real problem for Dodge has been transmissions, never the Engine at all. The most I have seen done to the engines is pretty much the injectors and injector pumps, which I suppose isn't that big of a deal, when you compare what Powerstrokes and Duramax's go through. I still think ford should have revamped the 7.3L, as it was a very good engine that could of been still competing with the Cummins, instead of the junk 6.0L and 6.4Ls. Hopefully the new 6.7L will be something worth getting. Oh yeah, Cummins may have a little less power and torque, but I know my buddies Dually gets 24mpg, which is better than my uncle's same yr and set up DMAX by about 5mpg.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Any diesel that only pushes 100 hp will last for ever lol. I had my 2007 6.0 dually pushing 400hp and 750tq since the first week i purchased it. That was 38,000 miles ago!
If it does fail arp head studs is all you need.
Boost....... Have you been to any diesel pickup "Dyno Days" lately? You need to go if you think 400 HP and 750 TQ are bragging rights. These fellows come in with daily drivers pushing 750 HP and 1100 TQ at the rear wheels. This is not just a guess you have from some vendor selling pressure/fueling/timing boxes, and aftermarket exhaust systems. 65-75% of the trucks that show up are Dodges with the rest Chevy and Fords usually with a couple of those Chevy and Fords running ?? you guessed it a Cummins!! First to admit that top dog at these Dyno Days is not always a Cummins powered truck. But they do get there share of wins. Horsepower in these diesels is bought just like big block 454's vs 440's vs 460's,...who has the most "MONEY". Every once in awhile you will get to see a Ford, Chevy, or Dodge put 1,000 HP on the board.

I wish you the best with your 6.0 because parts costs for all brands are just ludicrous!! Locally I can drive you to two very nice Ford 6.0's sitting not because of head gaskets but because injectors have ruined a cylinder or two. The local 6.0 tow truck had the crankcase fill with diesel fuel and ruin it. The ambulance service we run in with switched over to GMC's with the duramax's in them as 6 of the 10 6.0's in their ambulance's had to be replaced by Ford. Head gaskets seem to be the next biggest issue after the injectors. These are ones I know of personally with just countless more second hand horror stories I've heard.

I work with two two guys that will not own anything but a Ford diesel, they both traded out of the 6.0's (at a loss just to get rid of them) one to the 6.4 which has not panned out to be alot better than the 6.0 and one back to a 7.3. They are both hoping to trade up to the new Ford diesel after they are on the market for awhile.

If at 100 hp they should last forever then please explain the 6.9 Ford, 5.7 and 6.2 General Motors diesels.

And by the way there is a local 5.9 Cummins powered 5240 Case/IH Tractor with 22,000 + hours on it at a low 120 HP. You don't even see the Green 120 horse tractors run past about 12,000 hours without an overhaul.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
You can make a Honda civic go 10 sec. in the 1/4 mile. With enough money anything is possible.
If you are fine with buying a Dodge, which by the way stole 50 billion dollars from the American tax payer(your kids future). Well your the one that has to live with yourself.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
damn i didnt mean to start suck a big fuss... i just had to say something bout ""i wish i were diesel v8" btw my fact are true..... and it's by nearly 100ft/lb thats two xx engines... but im not sayin cummins is junk i would put one in a f250 in a second if the ps died....
but ford is the only auto maker that makes it own engine's now (diesel)... well for pickups...

any way let all shut up bout whats better and talk bout his nice ass mega cab...

·
Registered
821 Posts
ford needs to put an international back between the fenders, more specifically the 7.3. That was a good motor. You wish you wer a v8 diesel? Just asking because cummins is I6. Back to original post, those are 2 good looking rides.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
You can make a Honda civic go 10 sec. in the 1/4 mile. With enough money anything is possible.
If you are fine with buying a Dodge, which by the way stole 50 billion dollars from the American tax payer(your kids future). Well your the one that has to live with yourself.

Enjoy!
You just reiterate my point with the honda comparison.

I do not like but have no choice but to live with Osama's trillion dollar political payoff for getting elected. If we went down the list of where all that money went we probably could not buy anything without having second thoughts.

I did not mean to make you mad Boost. I was strictly trying to inform with facts about the Cummins and the 6.0 Fords.

Doubt that I will lose anymore sleep over the Dodge's in my driveway than you will over the Japanese built XX in your garage.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
You can make a Honda civic go 10 sec. in the 1/4 mile.
my ferind that has this huge old quest 650 max (brp) has a 11sec civic.... it fun to ride in.:hey:.. its hs 4th car and hes 18 but thats thanks to his dad+4foot snow drift (i miss that old chevy 2500), tree+1 foot of snow (hyundi something?) and a drunk girl. (getta) .:nuts:.

btw cummins19 i think that all honda atv's are is ''built'' in the u.s. but they'er probaly disigned in japan. just like some chrysler's are ''built'' in china but there still disigned here in the u.s.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts