Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
according to dirtwheeles the 09 xx is the same as the 08 just some diffrent colors, but have their been any changes at all and does any one know any thing abou the 2010 xx's any changes on them ?

i went for a drive to the quad shop to price grips and various other small items, and was thinking just how bad is the xx, i havent road mine in over 2 months so i pretty much forget what it feels like.

is it really quicker then....

700r raptor
ltr 450

i have not came acrost a raptor and the only ltr i came acrost kicked my ass big time in the holeshots in the long run i got him but still.

for those of you that have done no front fenders do you catch more stones to the legs and all of that then the rest of us ?

any of you have a quad jack ? do you like it when it comes to maintaining your quad ? is the quad pretty balanced when you have it lifted ?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have beat about 10 700r's and a few 450's from each manufacturer. I am getting a quad jack as soon as my house is finished. But I am using a floor jack and jack stands right now for maintenance. I really enjoy doing my own work on my toys. I know it's done right so no worries about whether or not some douche forgot to tighten this or forgot that.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I had used a 2 ton auto jack for a long time thinking I didn't really need a ATV jack, then I finally bought an ATV jack from Harbor Freight, and now I don't see how I got by without it! Very handy for lifting the entire machine for maintenance, allowing you to rotate the wheels for chain maintenance, checking the front wheel bearings, etc... Raises it up to a good height to work on.

If you put the jack pads under the foot pegs and engine, it stays well balanced.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I've ran without the front fenders and haven't had any problems with it... IMO, it's a much nicer look also.. and I've always used a regular stand, but have also been thinking about a floor jack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts