Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just dropped by the dealer to pick up an oil filter (which he had to order..jeezus!), and he said that he thinks that 09' will be the final run on the XX. I hope he's wrong, because that would suck if that bike only gets made for 2 years. I know that they weren't going to produce an 10' model due to slow sales, but they aren't producing any sport quads for 2010 in order to empty out 09' inventory. I want to see an 11' model come out with some tweaking! Don't let the XX die already!

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
wow if that is the case then Parts will be just that much harder to find... I need to start ordering I guess

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not only that, but it makes them worth shit for resale.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Very true..

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I would guess this maybe true. I know of 12 700xx here in the UK and 2 are still in crates. Some, (alot) of aftermarket companies I have talked to by Email are not interested and plan not to build parts for the 700xx. These are not small companies either. With them selling 08 - 09 stock , which should run out about November 2010.
By my calculations anyway. All the magazines slated it and did no more product testing aftermarket parts that were availible .They basically ignored it, probably due to lack of advertisement by Honda.
I get all the American ATV magazines hoping to find THE product for the 700xx. Sonic had a mention and that's it.
I hope to GOD I am wrong but this is my theory from word of mouth and US mags.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ha! The dealer in my town (which is not where I bought mine) still has a black 08' sitting out in front of the store. That is the only one they have on the floor.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If we don't see an 11' version, I guess we know it is dead. I really was hoping that this idea would catch on and other manufacturers would produce sport quads with IRS. I don't see why they haven't caught on better than they have.

·
Registered
59 Posts
That thought is so bad. The 700xx with IRS if the best riding quiad made. All my riding buddies would rather have the IRS system because of the ride. After a day long ride on the 700xx you do not hurt but the boys on the straight axle are done for the day hurting.

I sure hope it is not the end. I have many quad friends wanting to buy the quad. Its just the time is bad for extra money.

·
Registered
375 Posts

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, they are selling them as 09's at this point as well. I don't think that they are badging the o9's as 10's. Honda's website still lists all the sport quads as 09's. Hopefully we will see a production of 2011's?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Which is strange...honda cars have some of the best head designs in the market. K series motors have one of the best Volumetric Efficiency seen in a stock motor..

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If it was available with a SRA and better cylinder head design I would buy one. After all Im a Honda fan deep down.
If it was sra, i wouldn't have bought one! What is your concern with the head design?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts