Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the dragstrip, met a buddy of mine that has one of my 700 Raptor builds that I did a little over a year ago. He wanted me to take it down the track first so he could have something to shoot for so I did. I ran a 8.3x @ 77.x(dont remember the exact #) but what I found interesting was a 700XX showed up at the track that was stock as a brick. He was lined up against me when I ran. He ran a 9.3x @ 69.x which is about what I have seen a bone stock 700 Raptor run(but with a touch more MPH- 72.x) with what I say was an equal rider. He ran a few more times but didnt beat that time but I was impressed to be honest since the XX is heavier than the Raptor but clickin off the same ET or so.
Had to share, thanx for reading.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If I remember right the MPH at the end is a way to figure out if your HP has increased or not. The E.T. can change pretty easy due to gearing but won't change the end top speed as much. If thats the case it would be safe to say the Raptor has more power to weight but the xx is geared well for it's power to weight. Correct me if I'm wrong cause I really don't remember if thats right or not.

·
Registered
354 Posts
That IS impressive...thanks...do you know if he was geared stock by any chance ?

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
that is impressive its nice to get some true factual numbers between the two. just shows honda did know what they were doing for the most part.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ran a 9.01 with my 06 700 Raptor when it was stock @ 72 MPH but most stock 700 Raptors Ive seen at the track run 9.3s @ 72.
The guy that was racing it told me inthe staging lanes before we ran that he has a buddy with a 700 Raptor with some stuff done to it that he still beats. I told him theres probably something wrong with it.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stock and stock. When I posted that the XX was stock as a brick it means stock as a brick.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
the raptor ive beaten the most has a gytr pipe and air fiter but the guy is like 30lb more than me im 140ish. but ever since he put that 15t one he pases me on the bottom of 5th but i pass him again after 100ft or so. idk if he has the speed limiter remover. but i think when racen sportquads it all on the holeshot my best reson for that is that a few week ago at a mx race i beat all of the 450 to the first turn and i was the only stock quad at the event the guy on the yfz didnt belive me when i said i was stock he had big3 with a bore tb.. i say rider skill and hole shot got me in front...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Is there any vids on you tube or something.
I find this stuff interesting as they don't do this kinda thing in the UK.

watch for the honda ;-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ7gr6Ijv7Q

there are others, but most are all banshees, theres on ehs raced a 700xx against a drag banshee and a drag raptor, like the poor thing had a chance, i want to see someone build a drag 700xx, it would be right next to them...

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Baxter, we do this all the time here. I do it all the time on a back "seasonal" road. Look at the 2 dirtbikes that hit each other around 1:38, we do that too haha.

·
Registered
505 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.