1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine was buckled way past the outer lip. Even the inner bead was bent. I was able to take the tire off the rim and take it to a tire shop and they were in fact able to beat it back out.., tube my tire, and I was able to continue my ride the rest of the day at Wayne National. So a big hand for Dana's Tires in Nelsonville for getting me back on the trail the remainder of the day. The rim seem to bend really easy compared to other bikes that I have had. A tree root of all things caused the damage. So I guess that I will need to keep a couple of spares if anyone has them to sell. Any ideals on a good set of re-inforced wheels for these bikes?

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Wow you bent one up that bad at WNF? You musta hit the stump sideways or something. I bent my rim on a nice rocky hill climb aprox 400 ft elevation change, in WV. I had been up this paticular hill several times before, just hit a rock wrong. I've been to Wayne a few times and jumped all day, w/out a problem. Good to see another 700xx rider hitting Nelsonville, maybe we could meet up for a ride sometime in the future. Heres the rims I'm thinking about, but your pockets may be deeper than mine.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/v...434&stockId=&listingId=&uri=/productDetail.do

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. May give them a shout if do not come up with nothing else. May go with bead locks. You riding Hatfield & McCoy in WV? I have been to a couple of the different trail systems there and like them. The Pinnacle was my favorite. Some of us are planning on trying to go in late August I think.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I just ride the back trails around my family's land. Mostly Gas Co. and logging roads, with creek beds mix inbetween. The area I ride is real close to some of the HM trails. I will be down there ridding Aug. 12-14th weekend. And on Aug. 26th - 28th I will be off to Bristol, Tn!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I no longer need the wheel. I decided to go ahead and buy the OMF wheels. Everyone that has them seem to have all praise for them. So I called bones and placed the order today. Will try them out at Hatfield in about 3 weeks, and keep the stockers for spares.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts