Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

10" ITP wheels for 700xx

23K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  OzLinc 
#1 ·
Was reading an article in Quad mag and ITP is advertising they have a new 10" rear wheel for our bike, has anybody purchase them and how do they look with our IRS system, do they have good clearance, wish I knew about this earlier, would have bought those instead of the DWT. With the 10" rims, we have a better selection of tires.

#4 ·
The a-arm clearance issue is exactly why I didn't get the ITP rims when I crashed my 700 and had to replace one of the rear rims. I just got another stock rim, but will probably go with DWT when I trash the stock ones... The way I ride, that will happen sooner or later. I'm hard on equipment. As for now, I love my Maxxis tires. But as our quad gets older, more manufactures will make tires to fit the 700xx giving us more choices in the way of tires. Be patient. As it is, I plan to ride the pig snot out of my tires. When it's time to replace them, I'm betting that there will be more choices for both the tire AND rim.

roadkill

#5 ·
You would have thought that ITP would have spec it for the clearance. From what I can see they would be ok for trailing but not for mudding. Also the pictures do not show how much clearance they have and noticed that you've ask for more pictures. Basically if we could find a deep wheel that would give enough clearance, we can just drill them out to fit our bike.

#6 ·
I have a pair of 10" ITP and have a few concerns ;

1 : Due to the offset it makes the rear 48" wide. The front is 44.5" wide.
Not good when dodging trees. Tyres fitted are Klaw XC 20x11x10
2 : The rim edgea are kinda thin and would of like a reinforcing ring on the outside ,I cannot see them lasting long on tree dodging. It gets tight sometimes.
3 : due to the width and offset .the best tyre would be a 20x9x10 which would end being a front tyre , Which leaves in the same problem as using 11" rims. No tyres suitiable.

If I was to go back a month ,I would order the DWT or OMF 11" rims and use the tyres avaible.

#7 ·
That looks badass, but Baxter has me thinking about this wheel deal. I have 11" now. But I'd RATHER one my 22x11x10 razr2's. In order for me to do this - i'd have to do it this way. Just not sure about the extra width!

#8 ·
you put 22x11x10 on ITP's . It will be just under 23" tall and add 4" to rear width. Plus mounting them on the bead will make you wince. First bead popped on at 22 psi the second after adjusting the tiedown strap off centre was 39psi. Max on side of tyre listed was 35 psi. The second tyre went on at 48 psi. With out the tiedowns the tyre would be 24" tall and odd shaped.
Not for the faint hearted !

#11 ·
48psi..... :steamed:I bet there was some language mixxed with duck and cover on that one. Once I get too high (35psi+) I just stop and hit the tyre with a mallet; that usually makes it pop.

OMF will sell you some rings to go with those 10" ITP's, just have to weld em in yourself. I have faith in the 10's and think with the right front end setup would be a great performer at a good price.

#10 ·
That must of been fun !
When ever I do atv tires ,I always remember the duck and cover from past years.
By the way ,I work on a farm where the biggest tire to date is a 900mm wide on a 42" rim. The first time I ran and forgot to take the inflater off ! Had to go back .

#13 ·
I'm half tempted to try this setup...

DAMN YOU GARY! THIS WAS NOT WHAT I WANTED TO SEE (AGAIN) AFTER OUR PHONE CONVERSATION!

#16 ·
i was half tempted to try this with a set of rims when i was looking for sand tires but ended up with 12in rims insead

just another pic showing how off set wheels can make it that much wider

#18 ·
yep thats exactly what it is just took off scrappers and works great

#20 ·
Our big deal with the 10" wheels I think is the overall width. Me personally - i'm not worried how close they are to the A arms - i dont think that's even going to be an issue, specially the baja wheels drilled as the rings GREATLY increase the strength. If i break one of those wheels, i'm going to have other issues to worry about. I'm just concerned with fitting down my trails and being able to turn on them.

I wish someone could design some A arms that allow us to run 10" wheels and NOT make the quad wider.

#19 ·
ok i cheated on the off set wheels by just flipping the stock ones but i love the way it rides:yay:

#22 ·
I FINALLY DECIDED WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Order the 10" T9 Baja wheel to see if i can manage - if not, put my paddles from the raptor on them! and sell the RAZR2's!

btw, measured my quad tonight at just about 47"

#24 ·
I'll either have my machine shop do it or Craftsman and Stanley... they live in my garage.

+

More than likely the machine shop hahha

#27 ·
I just realized that:

ITP Pro 10" Wheels they made four our quad are 4:3
ITP Pro Baja 10" Wheels are 3:5

Would this not make are overal width 4" narrower with the ITP wheels are "made" for us? To me, it moves the wheel 1" inch in (2" overall) and its 1" narrower which makes 4" over all. what do you guys think?

The guy posted back up on EX Riders that this setup was 52 3/4" wide with the ITP PRO BAJA wheels. Would that make it 48 3/4" wide with the regular 10" ITP Wheels? I know this is simple math but... I think 48" wide is tollerable if the quad is already 47" wide.

#29 ·
I personally don't see how |--------------| That much space is going to effect anything. SPECIALLY with RAZR2's on the front.

#30 ·
It's all about weight and leverage and since most of the weight is on the rears during acceleration or normal riding the front end get's less traction or turning leverage to make the quad go in any direction besides straight. An inch worth of width doesn't sound like much but when you count the added leverage it'll make your slow speed turning and turning under power greatly reduced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.