Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i thought i saw on this forum somewhere that you can get 10" rims to fit the XX if you get the right offset and take the wheel scrapers off. does anybody know what rim would fit the bike like this. im heading to the dunes agian next week and want to order some paddle tires so i can see how the bike does in sand before i do any mods.

thanks,
nick

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I'm waiting on the correct 11" that are coming out next month or so. Some other members used tens but didn't like the results. Scuzz should be chiming in soon, I believe he tried.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
This one came out pretty clean using 12"

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]itp c-6 series rims 12/144 and itp sand stars in 22"

[/FONT]

·
Registered
984 Posts
ok, i thought i saw on this forum somewhere that you can get 10" rims to fit the XX if you get the right offset and take the wheel scrapers off. does anybody know what rim would fit the bike like this. im heading to the dunes agian next week and want to order some paddle tires so i can see how the bike does in sand before i do any mods.

thanks,
nick
Yes, ITP has a set of 10" rims using 1" less backspacing with their T-9 series.

http://www.itptires.com/newproducts.html

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
LOL - yeah.

Rocky Mountain ATV now has some that are the right offset and bolt pattern. I just bought some from them with paddle tires on them in fact.

Prior to that though I bought some off of craigslist and drilled them. (and quickly sold them)

Keep in mind that if you do go with 10" wheels you will have to remove the mud scrapers from your lower rear a-arm. If you don't get the ITP ones and drill some on your own you will also have to use wheel spacers.

With 10" wheel I believe it should also lower your gearing a little, which IMO is a good thing. Another good thing is that my new paddle tires with the rims on them now only weigh 15 pounds...

I have the pictures posted here somewhere and would post them of the old setup that I had/drilled, but I'm sure the regulars are tired of looking at it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
The tire height will have the effect on gearing. A 22" tire is a 22" no matter the rim size. I understand why Honda did the 11" rim thing but its still wierd lol.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
O really... lol, 400 miles/18mpg x 1.60$ gal = 36.00$

72.00 (20$ on food, 100.00$ strip club) round trip vs. 250.00+ Dyno session at Honda Dealership.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts