Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice where some are running a 10" rear wheel with paddles. Did you need wheel spacers to clear the A-Arms? One of the magazines said you needed them for 10s. Thanks :thanks:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am just looking for a 10" rim that is 10" wide for paddles. Hard to locate in a 144 pattern. May have to conside going to a 12" but don't really want to go that large. But am open to any suggestions from anyone that has made the changes.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
You won't need spacers, as the wheels that you can get will be a 4x3, just have to take the mud scrapers off the back of the quad. I can not verify how wide the wheels would be though are though. How wide are the tires you plan on putting on?

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
You won't need spacers, as the wheels that you can get will be a 4x3, just have to take the mud scrapers off the back of the quad. I can not verify how wide the wheels would be though are though. How wide are the tires you plan on putting on?
X2............I have sand stars on 10 inch rims and only removed the mud scrapers, no spacers. I can measure mine later if you need offset etc.....

·
Registered
446 Posts
go to rockymountainatv.com and lookup their wheels. I'm sure they have something that will do what you need them to do. As far as paddles Skat~Trac is the way to go for fine sand that eats up HP.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would like to go with either 11" or 12" wide paddles. The wider the footprint, the more floation. I am sure something not as wide will work just fine but I like the look when the wide wheels fills out the tire. Three guys I ride with had some made, but that company is no longer making them. Not profitable. I felt sure that Douglas would make them but can't seem to find them. Have seen some with the 4/110 bolt pattern. And I am not sure if they can be found now. That is why I thought maybe a set of adaptors from 144 to 110 might be possible. But haven't seen any of them either. Mostly just spacers with the same bolt pattern. I have a friend that has a milling machine in his shop but he stays so busy it may take him a year to get around to making a set.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I think the ITP's would work for you. They aren't the best quality, but the RZR2s are definately wider than the rim and it doesn't bother at all. I do see what you are saying tho.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, I have not called them. If I go with 10" rims, finding a paddle like I want is not a problem. Lots of 8" wide for the rear and 5" or 6" for the front, but not 10" wide for the rear. I have 10" wide paddles on 8" wide rims on my Rhino and the 8" just doesn't fill the tire out and leaves it rounged on top. Sort of balloons out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts