Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone i was wondering who makes good rims for the rear, i would like to have an extra set since i pop tires like its my day job. Thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think it has been decided that OMF are by far the best, but you will pay more for them. It's worth it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mate I have OMF reinforced all round and they are excellent. A thing to remember is your just buying DWT unless you get OMF's billet wheel. OMF use the standard DWT wheel then put there reinforced ring or beadlocker on to it. If you want the real good stuff you need to buy the billet centre OMF rim.

Overlord

·
Registered
70 Posts
I wish someone like ITP or Douglas made an 11" rim in black. I don't really want to spend $200 or more for a rim and don't want black rims in the front and polished rears. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mate, powder coat is the only answer outside of a paint job.

Overlord

·
Registered
340 Posts
Folks, you should be able to buy the Douglas in 11'' I know we can in AUS. What the storey is Douglas/DWT supply there standard 700xx wheel to OMF. Then OMF put there re-inforced ring on the inside and outside (but its still a Douglas Rim 1.90 Red Label) or OMF's own bead lock. Then you can move up to the good stuff the full OMF Billet center wheel (the best wheel money can buy). I personaly use the re-inforced rim looks good, strong and excellent value for money. Folks if you see an OMF billet centre wheel in the flesh they are that nice you want to hang them up in the shed on display not put them on ya quad. Then if you want to go to 10" like some people are then you need to get an ITP rim. Then you can also get Hyper carbon rims in any colour combination you like but only in 10" I think. Boys go the re-inforced there only slightly dearer than the standard Douglas.

Overlord

·
Registered
197 Posts
or you guys could do what I did. I'm running 10"x 5" wheels all around with 8" wide tires and the rear of the quad is still way hooked up all the time. I can post up some pics of it tomorrow if you want to see it.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Who makes the cheapest 11" rim?

·
Registered
340 Posts
DWT make a cheap 11inch rim non rolled, in Aus it costs $165 and in the US a lot less.

Overlord

·
Registered
175 Posts
I dont think you can buy a DWT 11" in the USA ive searched every website there is and cant even find part # for um on DWT's own site...... if im wrong "show me the links".

·
Registered
671 Posts
I dont think you can buy a DWT 11" in the USA ive searched every website there is and cant even find part # for um on DWT's own site...... if im wrong "show me the links".
DWT does make a 11" red label wheel, I own 8 of them. I have never seen them online so I can't provide a link. Need to call DWT direct or I would be willing to bet any DWT dealer can get them, just need to call them. Don't be afraid of the phone! haha

Doug

·
Registered
671 Posts
I looked and I didn't keep any of my invoices, but I found the part number on this site, 011-47. I get a discount from DWT, so not sure on the retail price, I think they are around $120 per wheel?

They are a stock replacement wheel, the offset of the DWT wheel is 5:2, same as stock.

Doug

·
Registered
199 Posts
hey everyone i was wondering who makes good rims for the rear, i would like to have an extra set since i pop tires like its my day job. Thanks
i would check out rockymountainatv.com i bought itp t9 pro series rims (10x7) and razr 2 tires (20x11x10) for 334.88. i love these tires. there amazing. you would go down to a 10" rim. im happy i did.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
DWT does make 11" wheels, get in touch with this person;

Scott Gordinier
Sales Manager

DWT / Douglas Technologies Group, Inc.
1340 N. Melrose Dr
Vista, CA 92083
800-RACERIM (722-3746) EXT3002

Think that I paid around $86 per wheel and they are Red Label.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts