Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it better to put the 11 inch wheels on avoiding spending the extra money on rims and keep the wheel scrappers or try to mess with some 10 inch rims and get some nice hole shots. ive heard that if i take off the wheel scrapper then it has a tendency to pick up rocks and get stuck between the rim and a arm and ruin rims. is there any truth to that.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I've had rocks get caught in mine and bent the scrapers!

·
Registered
551 Posts
^^^^^ Bump how true this is OzLinc.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
ok so then a 10 inch rim will fit without any problemsif i take off the wheel scrappers.

rgr

Just make sure you get the correct bolt pattern. I drilled a set of raptor wheels and was too fond of the look or ride. Keep in mind that these were made before anyone was offereing rear wheels for the 700xx:

Mothertrucker!

The drilled bolt pattern:

Club | 700 | xx

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Ugh. It was a cluster f**k. I made it much harder on myself than I should have..

I measured it out and made sure that everything was 144 mm at center then I got a protractor and mad sure that the bolt centers on my template were equidistant from each other. Then I made the template to fit in the center of the wheel and drilled it.

With ALL THAT i still was a little off. In hindsight I should have made a trip to a machine shop for all the time I took to make it. After I was done I still had issues though because the hub was too large. I had to use washers to space it out.

I rode on them once and then turned around and sold them and later bought ones to fit.

Club | 700 | xx

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'd really like to know if the DWT 10" rear wheels for an Outlaw IRS would fit. The offset is right and we know the ITP & Hyper 10" wheels clear the arms so hopefully the Outlaw wheels would too. You would still have to drill them though they are a 4/110.

The idea of 10" wheels appeals as you have a much bigger selection of tires available.

Linc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts