Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so i've read about everyone switching to the 13t sprocket and how much of a difference it makes. I'm thinking about doing the same which i probably will, however eventually i will be upgrading to some bigger tires (24's) for trail riding in maine. I know that going to the bigger tires with the 13t will be like going back to stock so i was wondering about the 12t if anyone has done this? What did you think about it and where did you find one?

·
Registered
46 Posts
i have done the 12t one my bike it has help out alot at the sand dunes i ride at i think it will help ya with the bigger tires. good luck and hang on it give a lot of bottom end
i got the sprocket at rockymountain atv for around 10 bucks so not to bad.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I have the 12 tooth as well and wow it makes a difference! If you go with the 24s like I did you will definately want to do this. I have tried both the 13 and the 12. It is true that the 13 with bigger tires brings you about to stock. With the 12 tooth I can creep at idle without throttle or clutch. Rocky Mountain has 2 different 12 tooth brands primary drive which you can buy for 8.99 or supersprox which you can get for 19.99. I have the primary drive sprocket and it works great and they have great reviews. Hope this helps

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have the 13t with 24x10x11 mudlites. I am happy with it. I ride mountain trails, rock climbing, huge mud holes, ect. I can't quite idle through, but I almost never fan my clutch. I think the 12t would rob too much top speed. I ride with other 700xx's so I don't want to be left behind on the gravel roads.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
No. You won't need a shorter chain just adjust the chain and you will be fine. You can still go fast as well. I'm never going to really hit 70 on it anyways. You will like it. If not, worst case is you wasted like $9. Not a huge loss. But like I said I love it

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got my 12t today. I'll put it in tomorrow and see how she goes. Im not worried about loosing top end, theres really nowhere i will need to see that much speed anyhow i just want the low end power

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow

I put the 12t on today and tried it out and holy f***. Its just plain retarded now. Pulls the front end off the ground now in every gear with no clutch. Didnt really get to see how much top end it lost but i can tell it still goes plenty fast. Worked real well in the woods. It literally crawls over stuff now all by itself. Should work well with the new tires when i get them

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Yeah I like it as well. I told you that you wouldnt be disappointed. 1st gear is basically for crawling over the tough stuff and 2nd+3rd are my main riding gears. It really makes the gears more useable in my opinion

·
Registered
109 Posts
I ordered a 12 tooth yesterday should have it this weekend, hopefully. I am looking forward to seeing the change it makes.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just got back from my 1st ride with the 12T installed........LOVE IT......

i went to 13t and still found some trails at Turkey Bay that needed some clutch......so i ordered a 12 and just got on and went to the woods aroun d the house..........THat is Just right for the majority of trails I ride....
1st is a crawling/technical gear now......2nd and 3rd are main trail riding....thanks for the ideas guys:yay:

·
Registered
109 Posts
The more people say, the more excited i get, the slower it seems to be delivered.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
1st is a crawling/technical gear now......2nd and 3rd are main trail riding....thanks for the ideas guys:yay:
No problem. Glad you like it

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thank you for the upgrade idea, I couldn't be happier with it and it was almost too easy to do, took longer to find all my tools than to do the swap.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I changed mine to a 13 tooth..It does make a big difference, I took it out this past weekend. I got stuck in a traffic jam coming off the Mountain so it helped me creep along. I plan on going to 24in tires soon, so I will change it again to the 12T. Thanks for all the info..!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know I'm late to this conversation but I ride mostly technical trails in the Rockies. Very little sand and track. Took a ride last weekend with the 13T sprocket and still found myself chugging 2nd or winding 1st. For $9 (Rocky Mountain ATV) I look forward to trying the 12T sprocket for those rocky climbs.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I know I'm late to this conversation but I ride mostly technical trails in the Rockies. Very little sand and track. Took a ride last weekend with the 13T sprocket and still found myself chugging 2nd or winding 1st. For $9 (Rocky Mountain ATV) I look forward to trying the 12T sprocket for those rocky climbs.
I'm not arguing that you don't need a 12t but I just can't grasp what is being done for this to be needed. Anyone have pictures of particular trails that require this? Again, I'm only asking to clear the confusion I have on what is needed to justify 12t.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
For me, a 12t sprocket was needed when I had the 24" Tires on. The 13t basically brought it to stock with that size tire so a 12t with 24" tires was the same to me as 13t with 22" tires

1 - 20 of 24 Posts