Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about maybe putting 12" wheels on my 700xx but I wanted to know what offset of wheel I would have to have to be able to use the 1.5" think adapter and still be the stock width or at least no wider than 47". so would that be possible to do or am I dreaming? thanks in advance

·
Registered
821 Posts
U are going to need something with a plus 1 on rear and + nothing on front. With eough money anything is possible, but you are gonna en up in the 51-52 inch width with a spacer. Contact omf, you can get 12" rims from them. Not cheap, but arguably th best rims made and they will keep you close to stock.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i have 12's

i have a 5+2 offset all the way around and the 1.5" spacers on all four wheels. Didn't have and not having any problems except for buying just a little too much tire. But you won't be close to 47 inches, my back end is 52. Front is an inch narrower. As for price range, its not cheap. close to a grand. but you are paying for spacers as well as the tires and wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
do a search on here for changing offset. somewhere i was reading that rancher 420 hubs will fit. you dont want to be 52 inches wide right?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have already talked to omf back last year sometime when i saw their add in one of my dirt wheels mags. and their wheels are way out of my budget. but I just ordered two new itp mud light tires to go on the back of my 700xx that will fit my 10" wheels that I have. so I will wear them out first and then see what's out on the market when they wear out. maybe by then there will be other companies that have wheels for the 700xx

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no I don't want to be 52" wide I would like to be 47" no more than 50" wide cause I would like to be able to ride my xx on some of the forest service trails and they limit you to being 50" wide or less.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Iceman320- You indicate that you have 10" wheels now. Would you mind telling me how wide they are? Brand? Still 4x144 bolt pattern? Vendor? I would like to find some 10"x10" for paddle tires. Thanks

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine are the 5.5"wide wheels for the front of the 700xx and i just bought four of them and put them on the back. So i have to run 8" wide tires all the way around.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
the 700xx is not designed to run 12s you should of got an rancher, foreman, or rincon if you wana run 12s:nuts:

·
Registered
455 Posts
the 700xx is not designed to run 12s you should of got an rancher, foreman, or rincon if you wana run 12s:nuts:
Crown Vics weren't designed to run 32"s either but people do it.........

·
Registered
192 Posts
I want to throw my stock set of Rincon rims on the 700 and see what it'll do. I did it to my Z400, but I didn't have GPS, so I couldn't tell how fast I was going. Those bolt pattern adapters, how is their quality?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah I have been thinking about it and I think that I might just stay with the 10" wheels that i have and just try to change out the rear wheel hubs so that i can run the 10" wide wheels on the back of it like it was ment to have. but it still has a lot of grip in the rear even with the 8" wide tires on the back so I might just leave it alone and just put a better sway bar on it.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
whats that ride like compare to stock? I am considering doing a wheel uprade soon but i was looking at kenda kutters?? not alot of choices but i like the look of yours and trail riding would wrk perfectly

·
Registered
32 Posts
look under my profile and view my posts you will find what i have done. i dont think you want the spacers or to add that much tire though. just my thoughts after having done this and riding it,. i am waiting on an answer on whether the ranchedr hubs will work on both the front and rear so i can get rid of the spacers and i want to go to a sport tire as well. the steering with the mud tires is terrible. it slides in sand, it slides on hard dirt, loose dirt. the sidewalls are too much, theres no give. tears the hell out of grass though. sticking out this wide you dont follow atv trails either, you are riding on the edge and hitting what is sticking out. i like having the twelve inch wheels, but i will get it figured out how to have them without spacers, the only sport tires i am finding are ambush tires and they are only a four ply. might look at kenda and see what they have to fit. right now i am running 23s all the way and they only hit the heel guard if you are really crooked going uphill or down.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
The biggest problem with runnin 12" rims , you can change the rear hubs , but finding a 110mm front hub for the xx , is a problem . Tried to find how to do this for another member. It aint easy to cure this one , without using spacers.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Mine are the 5.5"wide wheels for the front of the 700xx and i just bought four of them and put them on the back. So i have to run 8" wide tires all the way around.

Wow front rims on the rear:nuts: How much protection does that give the outer CV boot, or is that not a concern with the type of riding you do?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it doesn't give the cv boot any protection but I haven't had any problems with it so far. i have been riding it this way for a year now and haven't had any problem. when i wear out my set of mud light tires than I might think about changing it and trying to get the right 10" wheels to fit but for now it's working out great.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Seems like it would loose alot of rear grip, with less tire on the ground. I know I had a buggie awhile back, and went from a 10" wide tire down to a 8" wide, and it was a hand full in the corners. Couldnt keep up near the speed I did with the 10's. I'm glad it suites your riding style, in the end thats all that counts.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah it still has tons of rear grip even with the 8" wide tires on the rear. it still have so much rear grip that it still pushes the front end in corners.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well i got my itp mud lites today and put them on they are 23x8-10 for the rear and I moved the 22x8-10 up front. and it seems to turn better now but i don't like that the 23" ones don't look as wide as the 22" so my question is this will the 23" tires widen out to match the width of the 22" tires up front or will they stay the same?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts