Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found these tires, look great for trail riding with some mud/rocks. They have reviews on youtube. they only make them for 12/14 in rims though... thoughts?? anyone on here run 12in rims?

http://www.pitbulltires.com/rocker_atv.php

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
The tires look great... but are quite tall and I'd bet heavy as well. The taller the tire, the higher your base gearing... stock. Try taking off in 3rd gear sometime with the stock 14t. With a tire that tall at 25.5", you'd loose all your low end crawling ability. A 12" rim with the 4/144 may also be hard to find. ITP did make a 12" rim (C-5) but am not sure they still offer that series.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
My opinion is there a bit to large and I'm sure there quite heavy. If your looking for a good mud tire there are better options. Post up what your intentions are and we can be more specific in helping you.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm looking for a good trail tire... but i also want something that can handle big rocks/mud I was thinking about just getting maxxis razr tires, but am unsure how they will perform in the mud. i know they will do alright, but i want some do it all type tires.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
The Razr is a great choice, It has performed quite well for me in the mud also. If you want a more aggressive tread then maybe check out the kendra bear klaw, A few members have used them so maybe they could give you a review.

·
Registered
538 Posts
smo0oth1 what size are your razrs on the rear? still running stock wheels?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I am quite impressed with my 24x10 x11 mudlites on my stock wheels, I do basically the same type of riding, mud,rocks and forest trails. and they perform very well. I did put a 13 tooth sprocket on the front to help out on the rocks and the rough stuff. To be honest, I haven't tried them in the mud yet, because everything has been frozen since i installed them, But, I'm speeking from experience when I say ,I know mudlites are fantastic in the mud.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts