Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here... living in Colorado there is little flat out or dune riding. I will be riding at 8000-14000 feet in elevation and mostly trail riding. “I can’t drive 55” most places I go but I do need some bottom end torque. Flat landers seem to like the 13t sprocket fir trail riding, would a 12 be advantageous for high altitude? Is there enough adjustment in the chain fir a 12t or do I need to remove a link?
Looks like changing the sprocket is easy, if I have to pull a chain link I’ll likely just get a second chain in case I want to go back to a 13t or stock
Anyone done the 12t?
Second question: what’s up with the 11” rear rims?? Who thought that was a good idea???? Are there aftermarket 12” rims for increased tire options?
If I have offended anyone, sorry and be nice to an old guy....

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
As far as a 12t sprocket, depends on your chains condition, if good you will be okay. Are you running a 14t now? If so I'd only drop to a 13t. As for rear wheels, most go to a 10" not 12's.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
what’s up with the 11” rear rims?? Who thought that was a good idea???? Are there aftermarket 12” rims for increased tire options?
If I have offended anyone, sorry and be nice to an old guy....
11 inch rims were used due to the angle of the CV joint and a-arm lengths. Keeping in mind a "standard" width used so this allowed the 700xx to have the proper CV angles for the best power delivery without it being overly wide as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts