Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Technical climbing 13 tooth for sure. If you race maybe not so much.

I've had mine since it came out and just have done the normal maintenance (oil changes, filter changes, filter cleaning and a plug replacement). I have had a CV boot tear, but that was done under warranty.
I change my oil after two rides no matter what. I clean my air filter no matter what after each ride. I've packed the steering stem with grease after about 10 rides

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Chuck and I run a 15t but we are putting out some serious horsepower. Send me a message if you are interested in a pipe, header and fuel controller set up
But just to be clear if you're (the collective you) doing technical climbs all the horsepower in the world is useless if it causes wheel spin or loops your quad on a steep and rocky climb or you're having to feather the clutch and the throttle to modulate the amount of RPM's, torque and horsepower.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
I am with you SCUZZ but with the amount of torque I have even with a 14t I have to shift way too fast, I can let the clutch out at idle with my 15t and it will pull along w/o stalling. I do understand what you are saying about a stock motor and trail riding.
Even without a stock motor, I've got a slipon, lid, filter and PCV. I know it's not a firebreathing monster, but it's no slouch. With paddle tires you'll bog and it'll drive you nuts.

With trail tires and not on a technical trail, I can totally agree with you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.