Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
The stock is 14t. There are a lot of people on here who love the 13t. I am not one of them but it is to each there own. I would check the air filter every time you ride. It is very easy to clean and you would be surprised how much it will help your motor. I would get the valves checked when you get the oil replaced. It isn't that much more time and the last thing you want to do is suck a valve. The other thing I would pay particular attention to is the Valve guides. When we pulled the head on ours we had several that were cracked and needed to be replaced.

·
Registered
306 Posts
When it gets right down to it, a 13t front sprocket may or may not be right for YOU. We can only say what we've found that's right for us. Much will depend on how you ride and what terrain you ride. However, the good part is that changing to a 13t front is cheap and easy to do. The most expensive 13t (Renthal) is less than $25.00 and is easy to put in... There is a thread in the "how to" section on doing the change. If it's not right for YOU, then just change back to your 14t. BTW - The 13t sprocket that fits our quad is what is listed as stock for an '06 or later TRX450r.

roadkill
I agree totally. Someone's technical is different than anothers. That's why there is an ass for every seat. Someone liking a 13t doesn't mean another person liking it. Different strokes for different folks. As long as we ride and have fun and be safe we are all right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.