Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Ride for about 10 hours, change the oil, adjust the valves .006 intake and .008 exhaust. air filter everytime you ride. Loose valves will rattle and cause loss of power, To "suck a valve" you would have to over speed the engine. stock front is 14t, Chuck and I run a 15t but we are putting out some serious horsepower. Send me a message if you are interested in a pipe, header and fuel controller set up

·
Registered
667 Posts
after the first 10 hours, but it will not hurt every 10

·
Registered
667 Posts
But just to be clear if you're (the collective you) doing technical climbs all the horsepower in the world is useless if it causes wheel spin or loops your quad on a steep and rocky climb or you're having to feather the clutch and the throttle to modulate the amount of RPM's, torque and horsepower.
I am with you SCUZZ but with the amount of torque I have even with a 14t I have to shift way too fast, I can let the clutch out at idle with my 15t and it will pull along w/o stalling. I do understand what you are saying about a stock motor and trail riding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.