Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a lot of members here running a 13T front sprocket. What's stock? What are the advantages or just simply, will it make me go faster?!?! No other mods are done. Bone stock....

·
Registered
306 Posts
Stock is a 14t. It will not make it faster overall.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Just wondering if it will help me climb the big sand dunes when I go to CA next month. Have to keep up with YFZ450's in the group...

·
Registered
306 Posts
It should help it pull nicely. Are you using paddles.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
The 14t stock is a little too high. The 13t will give you better low end torque but will reduce you top end speed. BTW - The 13t sprocket listed for the TRX450r is the correct sprocket for the 700xx.

roadkill

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks roadkill... I don't have paddles yet but will in time for Glamis. Looking at 22x11x10 on a 10x7 rear wheel. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Nope, I live east of the Mississippi where we are fresh out of dunes

·
Registered
237 Posts
Does the year matter on the trx450 when ordering the 13t. I can count on one hand how many times I have hit 5th gear riding in the woods trails, so losing a little top end speed does not matter. A lower first would be nice.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Does the year matter on the trx450 when ordering the 13t. I can count on one hand how many times I have hit 5th gear riding in the woods trails, so losing a little top end speed does not matter. A lower first would be nice.
Actually you'd have lower ALL gears not just 1st gear. Prior to 2006, the 450r had a 14t front sprocket... which is what you already have. You can get a wide range of front sprockets from about $8-$9 up to $21.99 for a Renthal at rockymountainatv.com.

roadkill

·
Registered
528 Posts
just ask for a 13T for a 2008 trx450, it makes the bike have more pep, takes off easier, and you will like it fo the dunes and trails.

all i have is the 13t and i dont feel the need for any other mods....although i feel the want :D

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
just ask for a 13T for a 2008 trx450, it makes the bike have more pep, takes off easier, and you will like it fo the dunes and trails.

all i have is the 13t and i dont feel the need for any other mods....although i feel the want :D
I totally agree. The 13t really woke it up. I still have the 14t just in case I try for the big 3 one day.

·
Registered
667 Posts
The sprocket is very easy to change so you can make adjustments when you change you riding locations. I do not have a 13t, I use a 14t in the woods and 15t on open areas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts