Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
13t...

last year at the oregon dunes i ran the stock 14t with some skat trak edges (v blade). Im goin back this year with the 13t on. if i had money to burn i would get some straight blade skat traks to throw on for draggin, but i dont and i compromised for the edge cause the v blade corners better.

with the 14t on last year draggin was fun, but i got sick of losin to banshees, one guy on some sick built suz 450 was neck and neck with me everytime, other than him and the banshees no one stood a chance. so i havent tried the 13t sand draggin yet, but when i left last year the general consensus among everyone i was with and some banshee guys that were ooing and aweing at the xx's irs... was that, with a 13t and the big 3 the xx would be some good competition for all those banshees.

and a side note on molded (sand stars) vs. vulcanized (skat traks).... the contruction of a skat trak imho is far more durable than a molded paddle. that should be enough to sway a purchase... also i couldnt help but notice every set of molded paddles that launched off the drag pad was throwing far less sand than vulcanized paddles... however, just for the everyday or once in awhile sand duner... molded paddles are more than capable... but you can expect waaaaay more performance from a skat trak.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts