Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
if you could find some used 10-11 paddle extreme that would work well for you they usually only bring $250 area and are fairly abududent its when you get to the 14 paddle and above they are harder to find and cost more. We sell new tires as well but they are not cheap the tires on our bikes are $600-$800 a pair and we usually have 4-5 pair to setup for different tracks

if your racing on a harder semi-pack surface prowedge 2's are good and cheap like $150-$200 a set used

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Well now I'm wishing I had some straight paddles but seems like alot of money to spend on them just to use one time a year.Think I would rather get some razors!should be fun anyways.Looks like ill be taking my front fenders off this weekend and testing the 13t and 14t with the sand stars.

Don't worry about it - just go out there and have fun.

Club | 700 | xx

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have the big 3 and the 13t on front with the sand stars and in wet/heavy sand I launch in 2nd but in the fluffy/loose sand I have launched in 3rd. I have bogged it doing it but it also depends on how soft it is. I also run low psi in front and rear.

·
Registered
333 Posts
13t...

last year at the oregon dunes i ran the stock 14t with some skat trak edges (v blade). Im goin back this year with the 13t on. if i had money to burn i would get some straight blade skat traks to throw on for draggin, but i dont and i compromised for the edge cause the v blade corners better.

with the 14t on last year draggin was fun, but i got sick of losin to banshees, one guy on some sick built suz 450 was neck and neck with me everytime, other than him and the banshees no one stood a chance. so i havent tried the 13t sand draggin yet, but when i left last year the general consensus among everyone i was with and some banshee guys that were ooing and aweing at the xx's irs... was that, with a 13t and the big 3 the xx would be some good competition for all those banshees.

and a side note on molded (sand stars) vs. vulcanized (skat traks).... the contruction of a skat trak imho is far more durable than a molded paddle. that should be enough to sway a purchase... also i couldnt help but notice every set of molded paddles that launched off the drag pad was throwing far less sand than vulcanized paddles... however, just for the everyday or once in awhile sand duner... molded paddles are more than capable... but you can expect waaaaay more performance from a skat trak.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
i run a 13t and big three in the sand. sand drags are short u wont have time to top out. and if its uphill drags the 14t will bog down and not pull as hard. have fun and good luck

·
Registered
579 Posts
If you get serious about sand drags go to Planet sand and read up on drag races . We have 100's of drag bikes here where I am at that run sand drags and there is a lot to learn on Tire Roll out & etc etc if you want to find right tire set ups. Just a thought for you..

21 - 26 of 26 Posts