Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drag race other riders, but i dont want to really sacrifice a lot of overall speed because of the amount of road riding i do where my speed is 60+ most of the time. im considering a 13t sprocket because the more race oriented quads beat me, and i dont have the money right now to upgrade much. how much will the top speed drop with just a stock xx with a 13T? (ive ridden for 8 years, but im new to this kind of stuff)

·
Registered
788 Posts
I would agree with xx700xx. You might lose about 5 to 10 mph over all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
scuzz, im not completely understanding what u mean but another thing i should add is thats not really set out distances. it could be 300', sometimes more and sometimes less, and roll ons from different speeds. were just casual competitive riders. i just need more all around acceleration.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
ur speed limiter will kick in at 81mph with the 13t....88with the 14

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea, i know what u meant by that, i was referring to the "I wouldnt worry" part. I didnt know if u meant dont worry if i have the 13 or with what i have now. I just dont want the embarrassment of losing to a polaris, the ultimate humiliation. lol

·
Registered
574 Posts
yea, i know what u meant by that, i was referring to the "I wouldnt worry" part. I didnt know if u meant dont worry if i have the 13 or with what i have now. I just dont want the embarrassment of losing to a polaris, the ultimate humiliation. lol
I can't hit the rev limiter in 5th with a 13T and the big three. Which means the 13t is not the limiting factor on top end.

I would avoid confrontaions with a 525 Outlaw I own one it is a POS, but a really quick POS. I am pretty sure it will out accel my XX. I know for sure it is faster on the top end. 74 for the poo poo 72 for the XX and the poo poo is 100% stock.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
I can't hit the rev limiter in 5th with a 13T and the big three. Which means the 13t is not the limiting factor on top end.

I would avoid confrontaions with a 525 Outlaw I own one it is a POS, but a really quick POS. I am pretty sure it will out accel my XX. I know for sure it is faster on the top end. 74 for the poo poo 72 for the XX and the poo poo is 100% stock.
I've been a fan of the Outlaw 525 long before I the XX was even introduced. If it had fuel injection and was a bit more reliable I probably would have purchased one. The motor is so badass because its KTM not polaris. If polaris could get thier act together that machine is a beast. Powerful, light weight but needs to be more reliable. I wish they didn't change the look either. The older models are better looking!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haha. Ill make sure i avoid those. Ive ridden with a guy who has a stock predator and that pulls pretty hard too,seems to accelerate a little faster. he was going full throttle and he probably thinks i wasnt, and well let him think that lol. Later that day it broke down and took him weeks to find the issue and fix it. Brand new too.Thats what u get with the Polaris POS's. I should have no problem taking him with the 13T right?

·
Registered
574 Posts
"Later that day it broke down and took him weeks to find the issue and fix it. Brand new too.Thats what u get with the Polaris POS's. "

That's why they're called poo poo's,

Unreliable, that's what I hate about mine.:steamed:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
and the sad part was that he told me that nothing broke, POOlaris just never put it on. wow, way to go guys. It has starting problems now too because of that. Are the outlaw and predator comparable, or are they two completely different machines? i know the outlaw's got the ktm and im sure polaris cant match that...well, maybe for a few rides. lol

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts

Do you have the header also?

·
Registered
574 Posts
and the sad part was that he told me that nothing broke, POOlaris just never put it on. wow, way to go guys. It has starting problems now too because of that. Are the outlaw and predator comparable, or are they two completely different machines? i know the outlaw's got the ktm and im sure polaris cant match that...well, maybe for a few rides. lol

Never rode a Pred but I hear the KTM motor is a whole different animal. I don't think they put enough clutch in to handle the power and traction of the Outlaw.

Ok back on topic try the 13t I think you will like it. Don't worry about top speed, you will never see it in a drag race.

·
Registered
574 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Ok, I knew I could hit the limiter with the big3 but I had a header also

1 - 19 of 19 Posts