Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a bone stock bike and was thinking about getting the 13t front sproket i do most my riding in the dunes drag racing or do alot of dirt road drag racing my question was will i lose alot of top end and will it make a big diffrence ont the bottom end? thanks

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ohh ok thanks navynut

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my main concern was if i could launch in second in the dunes at the drag strip i know with stock tires i could with the 14t but they just spun outa the hole now i got 22 11 10 10 paddles sand devils paddles and dont know how theyll launch with a 14t while in 2nd should i go with a 13t? we drag race between 600-1500 feet????? my bike is bone stock

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
my main concern was if i could launch in second in the dunes at the drag strip i know with stock tires i could with the 14t but they just spun outa the hole now i got 22 11 10 10 paddles sand devils paddles and dont know how theyll launch with a 14t while in 2nd should i go with a 13t? we drag race between 600-1500 feet????? my bike is bone stock
It's $25 for the sprocket, Sometimes the best answer is trial and error. I'd put this one in that category.

·
Registered
239 Posts
sprockets are 7.99 i believe on rockymountainatv.com

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yeah $25 is way high for it. They are like $17 shipped off ebay.

And I'd get it anyways. I'm tempted to get a 15 as well just because I can. That way I can gear it for whatever I'm doing.

I know on dirt roads/long straights the 13t isn't near enough. You have to force yourself to slow down so you aren't cruising at redline.

·
Registered
239 Posts
We ride endless dirt roads around here and i love my 15, if i could put a 16 on it i probably would! but i purchased a 13t and 15t at the same to to play with my gearing

·
Registered
104 Posts
So the 13t will be best for dirt drags?

I will take my 14t should I need to change, but removing and reinstalling the J n J skid isn't pleasant; with the weather striping I had to use to keep it from rattling. So I would like to have the correct sprocket on before the races.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The 13t would give you more low end torque and SHOULD (I'm not positive here) give you a little more off the line acceleration. But if you need to go over ~65-68mph you should run the 14t. I think redline on the 13t is around 73mph

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
The 13t would give you more low end torque and SHOULD (I'm not positive here) give you a little more off the line acceleration. But if you need to go over ~65-68mph you should run the 14t. I think redline on the 13t is around 73mph
It is quite a bit higher than that. 81-82mph should put you close to the rev limiter with the 13T.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Really.

I was clocked at 63 on the radar box and i felt like I was just over about half of the rpms in 5th so I didn't think it would go that much farther.

They should put speedo's on these sonsabitches.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Actually, you'd hit the rev limiter at about 78 with a 13t and 85 with a 14t... The thing is, you'll never hit the rev limiter on a bone stock bike... too corked up. With drags, it's all about quickness/getting there first and not about how fast you're going when you get there.
I've raced at Pismo many times and only lost one race... to a pair of way built Banshees. Race is about 500' at a slight uphill. Was running a 13t with 22" Sand Stars and launching in 2nd. Get outta the hole first and make everyone try to catch you.

A 1500' drag race? That's more of a test to see who has the best top end.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
With a stock XX I would go with a 13t for drag racing...its better to be quick than fast. With a stock XX you wont see top speed in a drag race (unless the drag is a mile long lol) so top speed really doesn’t matter anyways.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
look guys im draging between 600-1500 feet with my stock 700xx im gona be running 22 11 10 10 paddles sand devils paddle tires so would the 13t be best for me?????? or do u think 14t be bettter for that?

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
look guys im draging between 600-1500 feet with my stock 700xx im gona be running 22 11 10 10 paddles sand devils paddle tires so would the 13t be best for me?????? or do u think 14t be bettter for that?
13t

you’re running too many paddles.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i know u were gona say that lol but the real short paddles and preety flimbsy so u still think the 13t would be best and i like to launch in 2nd......and will a crf 450 front sprocket work they say that and trx 450 are the same sprocket as the crf

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I don’t have any experience with those paddles, hopefully they don’t hook up that great. If they do you are going to wheelie like crazy out of the hole and they will rob your top end. PM me your address and I will mail you a brand new 13t and you can see if it works better for you.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts