Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the top speed of the XX with the 13t sprocket on? I tried searching for it but couldn't get any answers, also how bad does it kill first gear?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Everything else stock?
Depends where you ride on the first gear. For me it still serves a purpose in the tight stuff, but I will take off in second on flat ground.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes bone stock. I have absolutely no friends with a sport quad, they all have big utility quads so about 75% of my riding is on fairly tight or rough trails. IF i stick around with them on the trails 1st gear is just a little bit to slow (or I have to keep the rpms up to high) where second is way to fast (bogged down). I DO NOT want to loose very much top speed just for when we do get to the open dirt road and I wanna go :)

Edit: even on the rougher stuff I haven't had any problems with first gear being to high, only the other quad in front of me being to slow lol

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Sounds like the 13T would make second gear work better for you. The best part is it is a cheap try if you don't like it. As far as top speed goes, I don't think any of your ute buddies will pass you. I never checked mine stock with the 13T, but I would figure 77-79mph on top.

Has anybody done a series of GPS runs stock with the 13T?

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
There isn't much difference in the top end btwn the 2, if you can even really get there.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
id say 80mph

1 - 10 of 10 Posts