Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone that was running the 13t switch back to the 14t after the big 3 or keep the 13t?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Talked to Eric from EHS about that the other day. He was saying you wouldn't want the 13t with the added power, would make 1st gear useless.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I put the 13t on before I got the big 3 and have yet to go back to the 14t. I do like te 13 for the more technical rides it makes it a lot easier to crawl over boulders trees and such. If Im racing someone I usually start in 2nd gear. In first youll just spin til you shift to 2nd

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I put the 13t on before I got the big 3 and have yet to go back to the 14t. I do like te 13 for the more technical rides it makes it a lot easier to crawl over boulders trees and such. If Im racing someone I usually start in 2nd gear. In first youll just spin til you shift to 2nd
I also did the 13t before I did EHS/Barker big 3 and find I have no need to go back to 14t for the same reason.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I had a 13 tooth before I got the EHS/Barker big 3 also. I switched back to the stock sprocket. First gear was to short and if I wanted to crawl over something. Better not hit the already touchy throttle or it would friggin leap forward. Almost went off the side of the hill a couple times while riding pipelines. It's perfect now!

·
Registered
755 Posts
I've been running big 3 and 13t but going to try 14t once I can ride next.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
i love the 14 stock and i love the 14 with ehs big 3 better , but i live in the south where there is no slow technical trails hardly if i was to ride where all we do is crawl around in 1 gear or second i might have tried the 13 tooth its useless to me

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I have switched a few times after the big 3, I still prefer the 13T. It makes 3rd perfect for the trails I usually ride.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Talked to Eric from EHS about that the other day. He was saying you wouldn't want the 13t with the added power, would make 1st gear useless.
Have you purchased an XX?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What do you run smooth?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I've always ran the 14t.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like I'm going to have to try the 14t post big 3 and see what I think for the type of riding I do. Its kinda mixed up, slow technical to WOT. Thanks for all the replies.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Looks like I'm going to have to try the 14t post big 3 and see what I think for the type of riding I do. Its kinda mixed up, slow technical to WOT. Thanks for all the replies.
I've never tried the 13t as I mentioned but when I was Big3 and 14t first gear seemed to be a granny gear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts