Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking about doing the big 3 soon would a 15 tooth sprocket be a good or bad idea?

·
Registered
984 Posts
one of the guys(phuknutz i think) runnin in the desert is using that setup. It will increase the top speed so I hope you have got the room to use it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
whether or not its a good idea depends on what you want out of it... it'd be great for desert and other open areas, but its not gonna be that great for technical trails - actually it would be terrible for that.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Plus you will need more then the Big 3 for a 15T

·
Registered
306 Posts
We run the 15t because there is such a big lag between 3rd and 4th gear and when we go over the whoops in 3rd it lets us bounce it off the rev limiter at a higher speed. 4th gear seems to be too high even with the 14t. An we have to balance top end speed with the whoops speed. The 14t was good but the increase in speed is what we had sought out. When we race in the woods on the East coast we use 14t. It truly is a preference and what situation you are using it for. It will make you go fatser but you have to have the room to stretch it out and the motor to pull it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
been riding it around the house just got it havent found anywheres to ride!!! tried the beach down the road from my house and the wildlife law enforcement had a heart attack lol. thanks for all the info def. dont think i would get very much use out of the 15. Anyone know any places to ride around SE TEXAS???

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
A stock bike cannot reach the top of 5th with a 14t, A 15t would slow you down without the power to pull it. I wouldn't even recommend it on a Big3 Bike.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Anyone know any places to ride around SE TEXAS???
When I lived in Austin Beaumont would have been a halfway point for my buddy and I to meet. We never met up because I couldn't find any legal places to ride around there. Check out Texas ATV's forum, they have some guys from around there, but if my memory serves me correctly, they were mostly mudders.

Ah well.

*late edit*

I made the "my buddy" part a hyperlink to the "Danny Skims" video but it inserted the vide instead of making it a hyper link. When I removed the link it kept the underline...sorry.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts