Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think about that? Can i have the same power with a 15t front and 20in rear tire than stock sprocket/tire?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Oh yes , run at the last round in October. Loved them. I don't like the x tread pattern most tyres use. There too unpredictiable , not good dodging tree's 3rd gear pinned. The Kenda Klaw you can control with weight or body movement. You want them too grip lean back. you want them to drift, Clutch in , dab back brake , shift forward and nail it . In my opinion this is the easist tyre to get used to and they are the cheapest in the UK. Other tyres would have to be free + payment to make me change brands.
I am running Kenda's for XC ,TT and MX this year on the 700xx.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
After this weekends riding(bit muddy) I would use the 13t with 20" rear tyres unless you upgrade on engine performance. 14t on 20" this weekend struggled to pull 4th gear on muddy straights. 5th gear was too tall.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
After this weekends riding(bit muddy) I would use the 13t with 20" rear tyres unless you upgrade on engine performance. 14t on 20" this weekend struggled to pull 4th gear on muddy straights. 5th gear was too tall.
Did you feel that the rear was too width with 10' itp wheels? Guess near of 49'' width? Sometime i'm hitting threes!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Did you feel that the rear was too width with 10' itp wheels? Guess near of 49'' width? Sometime i'm hitting threes!
It was tight in some places but not a problem and I am thinking of using Laeger +2 front a-arms and a 4:1 offset front rim . This should match the rear and put 3:2 on for TT and MX.:D

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
It was tight in some places but not a problem and I am thinking of using Laeger +2 front a-arms and a 4:1 offset front rim . This should match the rear and put 3:2 on for TT and MX.:D
x

mx? are you still looking for you're swing arm set-up:hey:

I have already the 3:2 itp rims and looking for the houser + 1.5'' front a-arms.

Thank for your comments now I now where I'm going.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
x

mx? are you still looking for you're swing arm set-up:hey:

I have already the 3:2 itp rims and looking for the houser + 1.5'' front a-arms.

Thank for your comments now I now where I'm going.
Sticking to stock rear end.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts