Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for the guys that have a 15t, did you have to remove your case saver (I'm pretty sure that's what it is) for the 15t to fit? I installed my 15t and had to remove the case saver to get it on and I think I forgot to put it back on. I'm pretty sure the stock case saver won't fit with the 15t but my XX isn’t close enough for me to look at it.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I remember reading somewhere for the 15t to fit required a little clearancing(ie grinding) of the saver. But I don't know personally.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I remember reading somewhere for the 15t to fit required a little clearancing(ie grinding) of the saver. But I don't know personally.
That’s what I thought, I just couldn’t find the post I thought I remembered reading. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
239 Posts
i grinded mine down and got it to fit but when you let off the throttle the chain would hit it and chatter against it so i just took it off

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i grinded mine down and got it to fit but when you let off the throttle the chain would hit it and chatter against it so i just took it off
Thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Damn dude! I wouldn't run it without the case saver. Modify it if ya have to. with all that power your gonna be running and all that motor work would make it even that much more important. Talk to Chuck(crwh45). I believe he is running the 15t.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn dude! I wouldn't run it without the case saver. Modify it if ya have to. with all that power your gonna be running and all that motor work would make it even that much more important. Talk to Chuck(crwh45). I believe he is running the 15t.
Yeah I will be running a case saver for sure, I'm going to start grinding the stock one now to see if I can get it to work. I'll PM Chuck now, thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Yeah I will be running a case saver for sure, I'm going to start grinding the stock one now to see if I can get it to work. I'll PM Chuck now, thanks.
I'm also planning on running the 15 tooth will you let me know whatyou find out?

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm also planning on running the 15 tooth will you let me know whatyou find out?
You have to grind the stock case saver down a little to get it to fit. I took my case saver off and installed the 15t then held the case saver up to where it needs to be and marked the spots that would rub with a marker and shaved those spots down with a grinder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.