Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend bought a 250 a little while ago and it blew up on his first ride. So he got it ported and polished, bored to 270, 39mm carb, reeds, 60 over piston, paul turner pipe, and k&n filter. He says it will be faster than my 700 but I think it should be really close. Any opinions?? (I have EHS Big 3 and 13T)

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
If you are similar weights, I think it will be close on hard pack. Just don't get into a turning competition with him or race in the sand. Definitely want to see a video of this one!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea were both about 145lbs and an other friend has a grass runway to test them out. I will post a video when we race but it probably won't be for about 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OMG 145lbs, You should hook up better than the R on the grass.
Yea probably, my razrs are getting a little worn but I'm going to flip them around because the other side of the X is still sharp. He will have brand new razrs so we'll see.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If the 250r is built right , you shouldn't stick a chance.
Don't say that!!! Looks like piston, cam, port and polish are my next mods haha

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Don't say that!!! Looks like piston, cam, port and polish are my next mods haha

And a few (well alot) more mods and alittle of the giggle gas.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And a few (well alot) more mods and alittle of the giggle gas.
Yea he still has stock suspension so I should easily pull away on the tough trails. That is until he gets a arms and floats lol

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
You guys must have a lot stronger running R's across the pond.
We had some of the best ! We had alot of "Sparks" stuff custom exhausts and a cylinder that was cool also.

Yea he still has stock suspension so I should easily pull away on the tough trails. That is until he gets a arms and floats lol
I am praying for a lost cause here ! But "good luck".

·
Registered
671 Posts
If the 250r was built right, he will win no problem as long as he can ride. You have to remember, a 700XX weighs over 500 lbs, a 250r weighs around 350 lbs. 150 lbs is ALOT to make up for. If the race is long enough, you could probably get him on top speed if you put the 14t sprocket on. With the 13t, your top speeds are probably close to the same. Just because he has a 25 year old quad doesn't mean it can't run. My 330R would put a beat down on either of my 450R's in a drag race, the thing is a rocket. My race 450R isn't light in the motor department either.

Doug

·
Registered
258 Posts
unfortunatly im going to have to go with baxter and d bergstrom on this one, if the 250 is built right i reckon in a straight flat line your going to have your arse handed to you, 80s 2 strokes were stupidly light and fast, i raced a 500 2 stoke last weekend and gave up before i got to second gear, and he still had the front wheels 2 foot in the air,

if you want to win turn it into a fuel econonmy race, your sure to win that one

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I am guessing you will hook up a little better right off the start, b/c even with new tires, he is probably going to spin quite a bit due to him and it being so light (145lbs????? I am sure I came out of the womb weight 150lbs). But by the time you hit 2nd or 3rd, I see him flying past you all the way until he tops out. The top end is going to depend on gearing of both machines. I have done this race when I first got the XX, and I lost, everytime. I got on the 250R, and I won with that by the same sdistance, so the riders were equal.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
She may be a gurthy gal, but I still got faith in you against a home built 270R. Can't wait to see the video!!!! I would think that you should still have a little more top end with the 13T if he has stock gearing. Could be wrong, but i am going to be optimistic.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts