Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking at the crisp new 700xx casting a shadow in my garage for the better part of a month, the stars finally lined up and I got her out for the first ride last weekend. Tons and tons of fun but coming from a Banshee id be lying if I didn't say it took a little getting used to. The suspension was truly awesome when hauling across the desert and hitting whoops and rutted out areas. Living in Nevada and riding the wide open desert is exactly where this beast belongs. I did notice the weight difference but after an hour or so in the saddle I was used to it. Where we normally ride is between 4500 and 5500 feet above sea level so there is always less power here than what you folks that are down at sea level have. That being said the big 3 will be added in the next 10 days or so. I am going with the power commander as I already have one. I know the pipe thing has been done to death on this forum but for the life of me when searching I come up with squat(operator error I'm sure). I read all the great things about the Barker system but am wondering if I go with the DMC system if I will really notice a difference???? The price difference is about $150 but not getting a chance to try them out how do you really know which is better? I want the most useable power I can get as I ride with a Banshee(luckily he only has pipes and K&N clamp ons) and we ride fast from 1st all the way up as we are flying across the desert. We do make a trip or 2 a year to Sand Mountain so that is a consideration. Coming from a life of 2 strokes I have some learning to do. In these times price is a consideration....I do have a street bike and a buddy with a boat so I have other hobbies to spend $$$ on as well. Any advice would be welcomed!!! (Great forum you guys have put together!!!)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the desert is loads of fun but it is easy to end up in Cali and then you have to deal with the tree huggers and fun police.

·
Registered
217 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Congrats on the first ride. Sounds lime fun. The post above is the one you need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts