Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the majority of the people here are GoPro junkies, but I truly think that the new Drift HD170 will give the GoPro a run for it's money. I mean after all, it does have a built in LCD screen to immediately watch your HD video in 1080P...Also, It's not shaped like a toaster, but an aerodynamic felon that comes with a multitude of mounting options, unless you feel like you need to record from your flabby chest...For our intents and purposes, we want real light and speed frame recording. I think we also would like to watch this fail after we are done without going home to do it! Yes, you can review your recording onsight...and delete the crap you thought was week...Can't do anything with GoPro, but pray...unless you want to spend the money on the newly released LCD sceen that you plug into it...(I'm not sure this is available yet)...Or run back to your truck and run it on your laptop...I have chosen this rig and might pay for it in the end, but I've done my homework and it looks good...I will get the extension microphone which is supposed to be better than the one that is built in, so we do not miss any of the 700XX's gorgeous voice!...See you soon GoPro lovers!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Red! I'm looking forward to it too. I'm looking forward to the remote control wrist band to start and stop the video with fiddling with the camera stuck to the side of my head. I've seen so many great videos from the GoPro, I think it will be nice to see some quality video from another product. Will try to post on the 25th (my birthday). I'm pretty sure this is when I will be getting it. I would go out and buy it now, but why do that when it can be a gift? It is slightly more expensive than the GoPro at $329, but that's the whole package minus the external microphone. Here's one of the videos Drift has posted on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n8i1RxKAOY

·
Registered
323 Posts
Thanks Red! I'm looking forward to it too. I'm looking forward to the remote control wrist band to start and stop the video with fiddling with the camera stuck to the side of my head. I've seen so many great videos from the GoPro, I think it will be nice to see some quality video from another product. Will try to post on the 25th (my birthday). I'm pretty sure this is when I will be getting it. I would go out and buy it now, but why do that when it can be a gift? It is slightly more expensive than the GoPro at $329, but that's the whole package minus the external microphone. Here's one of the videos Drift has posted on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n8i1RxKAOY

Are you a vendor of this product? You sure sound like it!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL...That's funny...I'm not a vendor, but I am pretty excited about it. As soon as I get it in my hands, it's going straight on the helmet and the video recording will begin.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Man, that dune buggy reminded me when I was overseas.....getting to drive something similar for 93 days....mad fun, especially at the governments expense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts