Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those who have 20's on the back, did you go with 21's on the front?

Did you widen the front any with a different offset?

What is the best front and rear rim combo and place to order them with Razr 2's all the way around. I can do some checking, but please let me know if you know of any good deals.

I want to take 2 full sets of tires to West Va this fall and I am thinking 20" Razr 2's and the 14t would be sweet.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Is width a problem ?
Also When I put 20x11x10 Klaws on the 10x8 rim , it measured 21 1/2" tall so I ran 22" Klaw fronts.
I know that differant brands of tyre , tend to have a differant od on these rims.
If you can find out what od the Razr 2 is on a xx rim, just go up on the next od on the front.
Sorry I couldn't help any more but I have never run Razr 2 on the rear.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only want to go as wide as I have to for the 10" rear rims Baxter. I got the bike set up for 22" Razrs in the rear and 23" Razr 2's in the front, so I figured 20" and 21" would be pretty close since they were the same manufacturer. But that is why I asked, just to make sure.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I only want to go as wide as I have to for the 10" rear rims Baxter. I got the bike set up for 22" Razrs in the rear and 23" Razr 2's in the front, so I figured 20" and 21" would be pretty close since they were the same manufacturer. But that is why I asked, just to make sure.
The rear will be about 49/50ish" wide. If you are dodging trees then go alittle narrower with a 3:2 front rim. It puts you about 1ish" wider at the front from stock. Better hitting a tree with the rear than the front. On open spaces (no trees) then you could go with a 2:3 front rim. This will make you about 3" wider on the front with stock front a-arms(49"). Personally I would go for the 3:2 rims.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I have 20's in the back and 22's in the front and I like the setup with the t9 rears and ITP bajas up front.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Oh and the fronts are the 3/2 offset

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm running 20's in the rear with 10x8 3+5 and 21's in the front with 10x5 3+2 wrapped around ITP Bajas. I have the knock off version of the Razr 2's (GBC X-rex) and just purchased a set for my wifes 400ex. Same tread and ply but way cheaper and always in stock. Overall the wheels and tires added about 2" to the width.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
When I bought my 2's, I got them from rocky mountain along with the 10 inch rear wheels. I bought the baja front wheels later on. When I got the tires they cheaper than they are now.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks like around $162 cheaper for all 4!!!! Anybody run the front X REX's?

·
Registered
316 Posts
we tried the x rex's as our tire guy sells both them and razors. he told us they come out of the same mold in the same plant( i don't know) . they dont hold up as well as the razors and we have all gone back to razors.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts