Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
My son and I just got home with a new to him 08 700.
the bike seems ok but there has been a few things done.
the guy said it has a "FMF Power Bomb Header and a Big Gun muffler"
but it's not running well and the header gets very hot it also has a really loud muffler on it (to loud to be used around homes) I don't think it has any kind of programer on/done.
also there isn't a air filter cover on the bike.
also the front sproket is toast.
what should I get to/do to the bike? to help it run better?
should I try and find a stock muffler and pipe?
Any thing else I should get done to the bike?

any help would be great

Thanks
Shawn & Kyle

NS Canada

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
If the bike has a full exhaust then it needs a programmer because its going to be running pretty lean. There are plenty of people who want to get rid of their stock muffler and head pipe if you want to go that route. A 13 or 14 tooth front sprocket can be found almost anywhere as well such as www.rockymountainatv.com

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi jfdanie2
stock exhaust wouldn't be a bad idea. It may be a cheaper way to go at the time. but it would sort of be a step backwards power wise.
which programmer would do the job? is that something that stays with the bike or just used to reprogram the stock ecm?
any idea if a sprocket from a 400ex would fit?

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
check out EHS racing. They have programmer's that will work. The programmer has to stay on the bike. Sprockets are cheap. I believe the XX and the 450r use the same sprockets on the front. Not sure about the ex though?

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
There are a couple different styles of programmers as far as how they work. The one that is easiest to use os the dobeck style programmer which is made by many different companies such as EHS racing. The other style is the Dynojet power commander which is a little more expensive but can be tuned a little finer and more precise. It all depends how far you are going to go with the motor, if you're going to go in the motor and make changes later on I would get the power commander, if you're just going to have a pipe the the dobeck is for you.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
It needs a programmer to run right with a full pipe. It's probably running really lean. Thats why the pipe is getting really hot. The muffler would probably quiet down a tad if it was repacked. I would suggest getting a new FMF muffler and putting it on there. It will fit right up to the power bomb header. The FMF's are known for being quieter. You can get a new lid for the air box at a honda dealer or online. EHS racing also sales them with outerwear's cover's on them. Check it out at www.ehsracing.com

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I've got the the stock header and exhaust im not sure how much it will cost to ship.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
It would be hooked to your fuel injector. It is on top of the throttle body

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
there isn't any programmer that I can see.
I found an old oem muffler tonite and put that one on. It made great improvements to the way the bike runs. but the header still gets hot. For the cost savings right now we should go back to oem.

we went for a short run tonite and the sprocket started sliping
will have to try and find a new one in the morning

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
White is lean, black is rich, and a nice paper bag brown is just right. The XX puts off alot of heat, if its black then im sure you are fine.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts