Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
My bike ran really hot when it had the stock pipe on. Once i put the barker pipe on and the fuel controller. It ran a lot cooler. My fan used to always kick on. Now it hardly ever does. I can't see how it would be running rich? I guess anything is possible.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I would think that it should be running lean too.
that is what concerns me. The guy we got the bike from didn't do the work on the bike so he really didn't know what was done. I'll have to look again and see if there is anything there for a programmer.Maybe it's under the tank

·
Registered
15 Posts
Running rich

Maybe a cheap fix.
If the bikes been running without the air filter lid I would just check the condition of the air filter, could be blocked up, I wouldn't run it for long but just remove the filter and see if the mixture improves my just checking the plug after a short run.
Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I would not run without the air filter, if you think the filter is the problem then o would just but a new filter then check the mixture with a new plug.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey Shawn169. Are you still looking for the OEM exhaust? I have the full thing that I will let go for cheap if you want it.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Easiest way to check if you have a programmer or not , is to check the negative terminal on the battery. If you just a thick black cable , then no you don't. If you have a thick and a thin black cable , follow the thin one and you should find it . Simples.:D

21 - 28 of 28 Posts