Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
I raced it with Phuknutz. Our team Big Kidz racing took out 3 bikes 1 can-am 800 and 2 700's. The Can-am won Quad amateur and one 700 took 3rd in the same class. We had fuel tank issues and another rider of ours went down which delayed the time but still got on the podium. The other 700 was miss firing on the plug for the longest time then it finally went. The competition was good. It is definetly different than dodging tree's and mud holes but exciting none the less. We learned a few things and will be trying our hand at the baja June 5th. We atleast have a better understanding of the terrain on the course and feel we will be able to do a hell of a lot better if we can pre-run. A sure advantage to running this terrain all the time. Would be the same if you visited the east and ran with us in the GNCC. The motor was extremly fast and the setup was a ever changing thing as the terrain on the track was different than the local surroundings we setup for. We took time to try and adjust the setup during the race. You guys definetly have your shit together as far as marking the course out there.

·
Registered
667 Posts
The bikes ran awsome, I had power to spare, looked at the vapor briefly @ 83mph and still climbing. We ran a 15t front sprocket and had so much power that we were able to play on a sand dune in Ca side, roosting the hill in 3rd gear. There will be video of this on "On The Trail TV", the show came with us and shot an episode. We agreed to not post any video until the show airs. We will let everyone know when to tune in.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Good going Big Kidz Racing. We all live and learn and next time out will be better. Onwards and upwards. And good luck !:yay::yay::yay:

·
Registered
306 Posts
I would love too. I will probably be having surgery in March on my broken leg(yes, i raced on a broken leg). So we are planning for the 500. I may come out and at least watch it/watch you guys. You guys are the experts and I would like to see how you do it. I will have a new rod in the leg around then that may stop it. If the tib finally starts to heal then I may make a last minute dash to enter the race and get out there.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Caster, On a side note what type of construction are you in. I own a GC firm in Va. and was wondering how the west coast is making it during this economy. We are military based so we are doing good but I hear the private sector sucks.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Good luck with that. I know it is tough across the country from border to border. We use to do 90% private and 10% military and since it is so bad we are the opposite now.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Seems that a lot of people are going that route.

Here is us: www.lcjassoc.com

·
Registered
667 Posts
That is crazy, we do the same thing, Chuck handles most of the interrior work and I handle the concrete, masonry, underground utility work and waterproofing/drainage. I do hope to meet you all at the 500. I need to be in a little better shape! The 250 kicked my butt! lol fn typo!lol

·
Registered
306 Posts
I hope he meant Kicked his butt

·
Registered
667 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Maybe it's because you are licking your butt

·