Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm very happy with my XX. I've ridden a few 700r's and they are a blast to ride. But everyone and their brother has one. It's nice to be different AND be able to go places the 700r can't go:)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Still liken the XX!:hey:

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm getting older. I like the I.R.S. I wouldn't trade my xx for any two solid axle atv's.

·
Registered
788 Posts
The xx will go anywhere. I have yet to get stuck and I have been under two and a half feet of water and mud flying over the handlebars. This thing beats all.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Is what they don't tell you is the XX was desighned to take place of the big red and other 4x4 quads and not totally for a sport quad but the best of both worlda in atv and utv.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
i think this is cool.....now my ferind lust lost a beat for 50$

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've always loved raptors, and really some days I wish I had a raptor and some days I'm sooo glad I have the XX. I'm not really sure how else to say it. I guess I need both.:hey:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
love how there comparing a 2010 to a 08-09?? but hey its cool yea there digital spedo is nice sure its got some nice graphics for what was it $700 mine are 20x better and were $169. wouldnt trade my xx for anything. its the same with trx 450 and yfz450 the yfz are faster out the door but once you tap in to a honda engine and pump up our suspension they are untouchable my buddys trx 450 is pushing 65hp to the wheels a 450. give our xx some time!

·
Registered
788 Posts
If this guy was scared to open up the xx, how can he compare the two. That is how this bike loves to run...... wide open.:birds::birds:

·
Registered
537 Posts
They were scared to run the xx to it's limits because it takes time to adjust to the different riding style needed to take it to it's limits. The Raptor has been around for 10 years and test driven countless times by every magazine out there by practically every test rider there is. They all have TONS of time on SRA sport quads, and not so much on IRS sport quads. No short 2 day riding test will give you enough time to really push it and find out where it's limits are.

·
Registered
505 Posts
They were scared to run the xx to it's limits because it takes time to adjust to the different riding style needed to take it to it's limits. The Raptor has been around for 10 years and test driven countless times by every magazine out there by practically every test rider there is. They all have TONS of time on SRA sport quads, and not so much on IRS sport quads. No short 2 day riding test will give you enough time to really push it and find out where it's limits are.

I am not going to comment on the article....but I'm pretty sure they were able to find a ridder that knows how to ride an IRS quad to test ride the XX, its not like IRS was invented yesterday.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Than why not open it up all the way???????

·
Registered
505 Posts
Than why not open it up all the way???????
Re-read the article....it said no such thing, it said "To be honest, most of the time we were a little scared to ride the Honda near its limits" I am guessing because of what they call "Honda’s quirky handling and plain-Jane suspension"

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I think what they were saying is that the XX was too much for them to handle, where as the Raptor isn't :):):)

·
Registered
551 Posts
I had 700r kept it for 1 yr. I now have a 700xx and in july it will be 2 yrs, and I have NO intentions of ever gettin rid of it, and if I ever wear it out I will just buy another 700xx period. The 700r was fun but the 700xx is the GREATEST!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts