Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Thanks for posting Josh. Does Wayne not know mountain biking can be dangerous. :lol: and congrats on the win.
Also would like more vids if possible.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
You guys still running the same motor setups?

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Damn thats brutal! I'm tired just from watching it. Thanks for posting that Josh. I can see how it would be easy to break a ball joint in that shit. The XX does good in that kinda stuff though. Average speed of 40mph is crazy! :tup:

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Sorry Josh, they look like nice videos, but I can't watch anymore of them. Makes me really want to race more. To the point where I am in my swivel chair pretending it is the quad and kicking it around. Everyone in the office is looking at me crazy haha. Congrats.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I got arm pump watching the second vid. I was surprised you only did a ball joint. I'd lasted about 1 mile before calapsing. Desert racing is only thing I wont try, I'll leave that to you guys.Loving the vids and more if available. :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got arm pump watching the second vid. I was surprised you only did a ball joint. I'd lasted about 1 mile before calapsing. Desert racing is only thing I wont try, I'll leave that to you guys.Loving the vids and more if available. :D
The last video is mostly the Borrego area. This is about a 15 mile section of super rough cross grain with a ton of rocks. It is not a lot of fun.

Also remember this was just prerunning, on race day the pace is picked up a little bit! I typically run the pace you see in the video thru my whole section while prerunning and try not to stop at all. During this 120 mile section I only stopped once.

I wish I could post the actual GoPro video without editing because it is HD and you can see everything super clear, but when I edit it alot is lost in the transfer. I do have more video and will try to post when I have more time. Due to the HD is takes lots of time to transfer and edit everything.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
So basically the "Prerun" is first time on the "track" with the 700xx and after that its race day. Kinda of a practice lap.
Being a "Brit" the only desert racing I have seen is from "On Any Sunday" smooth with a few humps along the way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts