1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
821 Posts
Those are pretty nice rides. I wouldn't be scared at that price. Almost new bike with accessories.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
offer him 5000 honda hasnt changed them in several years

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I would offer $5k like tbird88 said, $6k is probably as high as I would go depending on the local market. Pick up a sales mag and look at what they are bringing locally. Best handling 4x4 ever made IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
you guys are overlooking the plow I think. That in itself is probably like a $1000 set up, plus winch if it has one.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
$6k is as high as I would go and I was including the plow, what were you thinking?
Considering new the MSRP is 8700, and you figure in 500 bonus cash, you are looking at 8200. These things (utilities) were/are hotsellers compared to sports quads b/c they go thru a whole range of people. So even say the guy bought it for 7500, the plow and stuff would easily bring it up to 8500. So depending on the number of hours, and the condition of it, it is worth probably 7400. I would definately start low, and pay no more than say 6500 for it, but 7k really isn't all that bad. This guy probably has a loan on it, can't afford it, so there is no way he'd take 5k, or possibly even 6k. But it is def worth more than that, all depending again on hours and condition. I just hope he had a few hours on it before he was ramming the tranny w/ the plow and stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Yeah, I was ltalking about the $5k one.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
DEF not this year as they already have 2011's. But who knows. They are so slow moving right now it seems, not so much so with their UTE's, but either they are just going to keep making them how they are and let everyone else come out with new stuff, or else they are going to significantly change a lot of stuff on the machines, including the sport ones. It just seems Honda only operates on one machine at a time. They come out w/ something new/different every year or two, with hardly any updates, unlike all the other companies. But the thing is, they know most of their stuff is tried and true, and proven. I'd love to see a new one come out though that is updated more. Not that I mind having mine at all, but I am getting a little tired of it sitting in NY and me out here in MI LOL.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I bought my 07 in 08 as a left over for 6400 OTD. I put a winch on it, rode it for 800 miles an plowed with it for 2 seasons an STILL got 5800 for it used. Only things I did was have aftermarket rims an the winch on it. Around here, the resale value of a rincon is pretty good. If it's the quad you want then I wouldn't have trouble spending 6k for it as.... the plow an winch are worth 1000!

If honda came out with an updated rincon with more than the 38hp it currently has and EPS it would be hands down, the BEST utility out there.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I bought my 07 in 08 as a left over for 6400 OTD. I put a winch on it, rode it for 800 miles an plowed with it for 2 seasons an STILL got 5800 for it used. Only things I did was have aftermarket rims an the winch on it. Around here, the resale value of a rincon is pretty good. If it's the quad you want then I wouldn't have trouble spending 6k for it as.... the plow an winch are worth 1000!

If honda came out with an updated rincon with more than the 38hp it currently has and EPS it would be hands down, the BEST utility out there.
Thats why you have to be like me and tweak her a little bit :hey:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts