Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going start a little project and want to know , what you would want the 2011 700xx to be !
We know weight is an issue and I am working on it.
Just like some thoughts from you guys and girls. :D

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
rim sise/strength, razas for stock, sway bar sise, shocks.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
dont hate me for this one i love!! my irs, but i think if honda made the xx optional irs or straight axel they would sell a lot more we can all agree that the irs isnt the only thing about this quad that makes it great. and i think it would open up a lot more aftermarket parts if everything else stayed the same just because there would be so many more out there.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
dont hate me for this one i love!! my irs, but i think if honda made the xx optional irs or straight axel they would sell a lot more we can all agree that the irs isnt the only thing about this quad that makes it great. and i think it would open up a lot more aftermarket parts if everything else stayed the same just because there would be so many more out there.
I would agree a trx700R would be awesome they could do some good front shocks that could work on the xx:hey:

but the problem would be frame design and the center drive chain they would be better off making a big bore motor for a modified 450r frame

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
My changes, in order of preference:
1. Sway bar that performs like the Sonic
2. Improved weight balance(achieved by making the rear lighter)
3. Non-radial tires
4. Narrower turning radius
5. Reverse lever on bars
6. Speedo with hour meter

·
Premium Member
410 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
I am going start a little project and want to know , what you would want the 2011 700xx to be !

here's three more things. i would want it to be: paid for, in my name, and sitting in my yard waitin for me to ride it. lol :yay:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Better front suspension, Razrs and a better bumper.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I think, simply, larger front tires for less push and 13 t front sprocket out of the box. I'm not a thrill seeker so my xx is the perfect combination of performance and trail manuverability. I changed my sprocket and tires and that's it. I love it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
700xx

I would like to see better shocks, and a universal rim size, or start making 11" paddle tires. A spedometer with an hour meter would also be nice.

·
Registered
189 Posts
When I worked for AMS they had a carbon fiber drive shaft made for the drag evo 8. Maybe you can have custom made carbon fiber half shafts made in the back that drive the rear wheels. I know its exspensive but I bet you'd save a decent amount of weight. Just throwing some wild ideas out there.
I know this is about the trx but that's bad ass that you worked for AMS!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts