Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my new dirtwheels oct issue they got whats supposed to be the the 2013 trx 450 efi the head looks like they shaved all the unecessary weight off of it and motor is more compact ,similiar to the current crf 450r.:lol:

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
With out reading the report or getting to see the pics in "Dirtwheels". I am guessing it is the Walsh project with a 2010 CRF450r engine.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Yeah, I read the same article... Said the gear box and clutch will be beefed up... BUT, what it doesn't say is if it will have reverse or not. I think I'll reserve judgment till I get one under my butt to test ride.

roadkill

·
Registered
755 Posts
Just got the magazine yesterday as well! I can't wait for more info.:xx:

·
Registered
538 Posts
wonder if it will have reverse :hey: Prob the only reason why i dont have one.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
They are advertising a 2012 450R on the honda website

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are advertising a 2012 450R on the honda website
thats the same one they have had for about 8 years now the other one is different it even has the all aluminum frame

·
Registered
192 Posts
The picture in dirtwheels is photoshoped, but would look sweet with aluminum frame like Kawasaki's 450. The new CRF450 motor definitely looks slimmer, and when its in the frame it almost looks like the 250 motor when you compare new vs old. Lighter motor, lighter aluminum frame, maybe some aluminum aarms, dirtbike style FI, and I think Honda would have a serious out-of-the-box race bike. Probably have a 8.5-9K price tag, but it'd be sweet.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Now I am really curious ! Can anyone post the pic from Dirtwheels please.
This is the best I can get Lee. BTW - It's supposed to have a single overhead cam directly over the intake valves... opening them directly with rocker arms ONLY for exhaust... less moving parts and less weight. Also supposed to rev to 11,500

roadkill

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I found a pic and blew it up alot. Its a very bad Photoshop pic. You have a CRF engine , KFX lower cradle, 450R rear end and a 450R front end.

If you look closely :

The CRF frame does not match the KFX lower rail. Look around the footpeg area. I think they tore the pic on that one.

The 450r swigarm is at a differant angle to the pivot bolt on the frame.

Look at the front of the engine and you have on ali strut and one steel strut on the offside.

It's fake and you wanna know when Honda will annouce there new 450R. Check the Honda adverts in Dirtwheels and other mags.

When or if they annouce the new 450R they step up there advertising "big time"on the magasines before they announce a new model , about 2 editions before. Kinda sweetening the magasines , to be nice.
That is what I have learned from past years and don't be surprised , if they have "spy" photo's before Christmas. Yamaha tried this and it worked for the Raptor.
Just me. :D

Cheers for the pic , Doug.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts