Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering which is better or which size you guys would prefer. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Bigger is always better...Unless there to big and rub. What kind of nerfs if any are you running?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not running any nerfs so I guess 22 or 23 shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Run 23" Razr 2's. I don't see much advantage over a 22", though.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was looking to get a set of 23" Razr 2's.
I got a tear in my sidewall on saturday on my original Dunlops with only around 20-25 hours on them. Hopefully the Maxxis Razrs will hold up better.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well thanks guys, I guess I'll go with the 23in. I rode my friend XX this weekend and he has some 23in on it, made a good difference on his quad, you don't feel the rocks on the steering as much, kinda smooth the ride in the front. But I was wondering if 22 was better or not.

·
Registered
335 Posts
23" will roll smoother but not turn as quick.

·
Registered
176 Posts
just put 22 ITP HDs on mine today, i wanted 23s but i cant bring myself to get razrs, ive heard to many bad things about them

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
just put 22 ITP HDs on mine today, i wanted 23s but i cant bring myself to get razrs, ive heard to many bad things about them
What have you herd bad about Razr's, just the price is my only complaint! I have the Razr II's up front and there amazing.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
just that they puncture easy, weak sidewall
I've been running mine over a year now, bought them slightly used, and have had no issue's. But in 2 years I only got a slight thorn hole in the side wall of the stock tires, that I fixed with slime. Maybe I'm lucky but not flats and I've tore up a few rims. I know those GBC tires must be tough side wall, cause I couldn't even get the bead to set on the one side of a rear tire on the kids quad. And was still able to hold air at 6.5 lbs and ride all weekend!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Im running Kenda Kutter XC 22" on the front and they made a huge difference in the way it cornered, and i feel the added height and stiffness in the front helped tremendously in the rocky section of the trails and have held up very well to a summer's worth of beating so far. I chose not to go with 23" becuase of the added sidewall flex which i feel would have and adverse effect on an already taxed front end. I am running 22x9x11 kutter xc on the rear also and the only complaint i have is that on a fire road at high speed they do vibrate becuase their bias ply but overall im very happy with the entire set up.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just wondering what you guys think about the Kenda Kutter XC tire 22x7-10 for my quad ?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Just wondering what you guys think about the Kenda Kutter XC tire 22x7-10 for my quad ?
that would be an excellent choice. i run the kutter front and it turns better than the flimsy stock sidewalls stock is 4 ply kutter is 6 ply.:xx:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok well I just bought the kutter front for my quad. Can't wait to try them hope they are better than the stockers in the snow for turning because the stock ones are terrible.

·
Registered
73 Posts
What up guys I'm looking at getting some Itp ss112 rims for my quad and also a set of street tires to go with it. I know I will need the 4-114 bolt pattern to
4-110 bolt pattern adapter for the front and rear.My question is what size tires would fit with the 12" rims and what are the negative affects of putting them on.

I am getting my quad street legal so I am wanting some more wheels to cruise on the street with

I contacted a seller on ebay who is selling the rims and this is what he said about doing it
http://bit.ly/YX84E5

"correct you will need the adapters from 4-144 bolt pattern converting it to the 4-110 bolt patttern BOTH FRONT & REAR and yes the foreman would be the set up if you are trying to convert to 12" wheels. those adapters may be alot more expensive than you may think ( in the $89 area a pair ) and then it leaves the whole game of tires that will work on the bike. what you are attempting is not done very often or at all so i am not the expert to tell you the tire sizes that works forsure but i imagine a 23x8-12 and 23x10-12 set up may work although is very limited in choices i do not beleive your most popular utility atv 25" tire set up will fit without some kind of modifications. what is your goal with the bike other than trying to get a set of stylish wheels ? you are aware you will drain some power due to the larger tires ??? just making sure you knew. sorry for the news just not a bike that these type of wheels are made for really but not impossible to do just difficult."

:thanks:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts