Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

$2200/ Elka stage 3 all around vs fox Evol front and podium rear

11K views 46 replies 20 participants last post by  markas214 
Get Elkas. You wont regret it.

My buddy would agree. He has that same fox setup you are wondering about and he wishes he had gotten Elka like me.

I don't see the big deal about adjustability.

If mine came with no adjustability and were set up from the factory for my weight/riding style I'd be fine with that. My Elka's were pre set when I got them and I have yet to touch one of the adjustments. It feels just fine to me and I don't see any reason to screw with them.

Different riding types. Mx, enduro, dunes, trails, technical rock climbs, some may prefer to be able to make adjustments for this.

I personally don't care, I'm happy with stock. lol
I just adapt to how it handles so I'm not forced to learn it over and over again since I ride on all terrains.

I just went though the same issue. I like the fox's but the air shock had me concerned how long they last. And that if some how a seal blows I could be stuck miles from the truck with a limp wheel. So the reliability of a spring based system won my vote. I got my stage 3's last week and just put them on.
My guess either way you'll be happy.
I feel the same way you do. I feel much better with a piece of metal in there.

I paid $500 for my whole set so I didn't waste any money getting the extra adjustments. I will just never mess with them because I like how it rides as it is.

Well not everyone can run extended arms. I can't because it wont fit in my truck, or through the trails with them. I have a hard enough time keeping it off the trees as is. (it's in the garage with a bent lower A arm.)

If you get the Elka's, don't do this with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.