Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

$2200/ Elka stage 3 all around vs fox Evol front and podium rear

11K views 46 replies 20 participants last post by  markas214 
Fox air shock have a bad rep for blowing seals in the UK. I prefer something with a spring so when I blow a seal (Elka s1) it is still able to finish the race. As for front LT a-arms and shock setup. I run +11/4 Teixeira Tech LT a-arms and 4:1 front rims and at approx 47" wide on the front. 4:1 rims on stock arms puts you at 44". I have a set of Motowoz LT fronts on order and cant wait to try them.

If you are less than 200lbs and a weekend warrior , the stock rears are fine. If you are less than 200 lbs and an absolute warrior on the fast and rough stuff , they will suck ! The main problem with the suspension is the fronts were made for a 135 lb weekend warrior , Honda did this to lower the front end , along with the 21" front tyre to help out with "the push" on the front end . The XX was built for desert racing.IMO.

If you are not inna rush for shocks. Jim @ Motowoz has finished testing on the the 700xx shocks and is building my LT fronts real soon. I am hoping to try them at Round 1 of the British XC on 8th May. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.